border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Venomous Forums > General Venomous Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-19, 01:16 PM   #1
Benjamin1975

Copperhead spotted in N.Y.C

A northern copperhead was spotted in riverside park on the west side of Manhatten while a man was out for a walk on 8-14-19

I am not really good enough with computers to post a link but you can google it and it will come up.or look up westsiderag.com they have the article.

Interestingly enough 2 timber rattlesnakes were found in someone yard in Glastonbury Connecticut a couple of days ago.they were taken away by fish and game.

Very unusual place to find those snakes however Connecticut is really getting a surge in rattlesnake sightings though at of late.The copperhead in New York really takes the cake.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-15-19, 01:19 PM   #2
Benjamin1975

Re: Copperhead spotted in N.Y.C

the article will come up if you go to westsiderag link and then click on news
Old 08-16-19, 08:44 AM   #3
Bandit

I haven't read the article, nor have I ever been in or herped in New York. However, I know that Copperheads are found slightly north of that area. Really not that much of a stretch for one to get there some kind of way - whether it be naturally or it hitched a ride in a vehicle or something. And of course there's always the possibility that someone let it go or it escaped.
Old 08-16-19, 11:25 AM   #4
Benjamin1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I haven't read the article, nor have I ever been in or herped in New York. However, I know that Copperheads are found slightly north of that area. Really not that much of a stretch for one to get there some kind of way - whether it be naturally or it hitched a ride in a vehicle or something. And of course there's always the possibility that someone let it go or it escaped.
yeah there is a copperhead population near the hudson river maybe say in northern westchester county.there are timber rattlesnakes up there too which live even further north up into the lake george area as well.the copperheads are only found along the southern hudson.New York actually has a substantial timber rattlesnake population
Closed Thread