Thread: Rats
View Single Post
Old 10-26-10, 03:23 PM   #43
candyraver69

Re: Rats

Thanks for the links Ema I will check them out gorgeous big boy there!

Your buck is gorgeous too Wayne. You must be doing something right. I read somewhere that raw peanuts can be bad for rats but I can't remember where. If I can recall I will link the study. I am sure they are fine in moderation though.

None of my boys are full grown yet except possibly that rescue Lucky (not sure on his age, if he's full grown he's on the small end weighing in at 380 grams). I've been raising girls up until him just as pets except for years and years ago when I bred rats for my pythons. Lucky was way too sweet not to help and so I adopted him planning to neuter him to go with my girls once he was back to good health but he created such a soft-spot for boys in the family that I decided forget the neutering and just got a few baby boys to be his friends and keep a girl cage and a boy cage. (there goes another $300 for a new critter nation double, lol).

SO glad all their quarantines are over so I don't have rat cages scattered all over the house in different rooms :P

here is Lucky hanging with my youngest son while he watched TV. he's a rex so his hair looks all messy :P

Squizgar, Keerakh, and GusGus shortly after I brought them home. The breeder was letting them go a little young but they are growing fast and doing fine now:

Splinter, who refuses to let me good a good pic of him. He's an odd-eye (one pink and one dark red eye) but he didn't approve of me getting a pic that shows it. He's gonna be a BIG boy like his daddy. He's not quite 2 months now and almost caught up to Lucky in size:

video of my girls learning how to fish for veggies. it's a bit old, I need to take a new one now that they are veterans :P
YouTube - ratties fishing