Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-15, 06:03 AM   #16
DDW

Re: Introducing Glitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCrazy View Post
Yeah... ha ha i spy on Hercules at night... if i wait.. he explores... and dosent notice me.. haha my hamsters cage has glas... and i see Hecules
I find Glitch likes to come out around 7:30-8:00 in the evening. I usually just look for a minute and leave. She knows I'm there but only hides if I make sudden of a movement. She really likes to periscope which I LOVE
Old 07-09-15, 01:29 PM   #17
DDW

So, I didn't realized how much I wanted to handle Glitch..... tomorrow will be the third day after feeding her for the first time.... how can I tell if she has settled in well? I really want to take her out tomorrow when my good friend is over. You think I need to stick to no handling? I want to interact with my scale-baby DX
Old 07-09-15, 01:54 PM   #18
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW View Post
So, I didn't realized how much I wanted to handle Glitch..... tomorrow will be the third day after feeding her for the first time.... how can I tell if she has settled in well? I really want to take her out tomorrow when my good friend is over. You think I need to stick to no handling? I want to interact with my scale-baby DX
She ate. She's settled.

I personally recommend new keepers to wait for 3 consecutive feedings.
Old 07-09-15, 02:15 PM   #19
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
She ate. She's settled.

I personally recommend new keepers to wait for 3 consecutive feedings.
Thanks ^.=.^

I'm going to sound so unmature in a second but...

Even if my friend holds her while I clean the enclosure?(basically replace the paper towel substrate, and then let her back in there)
Old 07-09-15, 05:04 PM   #20
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW View Post
Thanks ^.=.^

I'm going to sound so unmature in a second but...

Even if my friend holds her while I clean the enclosure?(basically replace the paper towel substrate, and then let her back in there)
Yes. Lol its fine.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-09-15, 07:36 PM   #21
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
Yes. Lol its fine.
Thanks

(After that few consistent feedings) I definitely wouldn't start her off with a lot of handling when I just start it anyway. A few minutes at the most for beginning handling would be my starting amount. Probably only once or twice a week if that. And work up from there slowly.

Like getting a new born foal used to human presence all the way to lead breaking. It's a slow learning process for both trainer and horse. yah, I know, off subject. I have helped raise a few horses and I love the foal stage, so adorable and curious.
Old 07-13-15, 05:56 PM   #22
DDW

Since I fed Glitch last tuesday, she did eat both of the fuzzy rats. I haven't noticed any poops yet and I was going to feed her tomorrow again but should I wait a bit longer? I know my husbandry isn't exactly spot on yet but should that be something to be concerned about? I will be going to the store tomorrow so I think I'll pick up a scale. Or am I being over pariniod?
Old 07-13-15, 06:16 PM   #23
SnoopySnake

Ball pythons tend to hold it. I wouldnt be too concerned.
Old 07-13-15, 06:25 PM   #24
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopySnake View Post
Ball pythons tend to hold it. I wouldnt be too concerned.
So I'm just being paranoid. Thanks
Old 07-14-15, 04:21 PM   #25
DDW

I'm on amazon and I am buying a zoo med thermostat and aspen bedding for Glitch. I bought a scale for her as well (she weighs 250 grams is there anything else you think I should get?
Login to remove ads
Old 07-14-15, 06:04 PM   #26
SnoopySnake

I personally would go with a hydrofarm thermostat instead of zoo med. If you don't already have one, an infrared temp gun.
Old 07-14-15, 06:09 PM   #27
DDW

I have an IR temp gun^.=.^ I was going zoo med because that is the brand of uth I have. (The zilla didn't work for some reason) will the hydrofarm work with zoo med uth? Just curious, what does the hydrofarm do better?
Old 07-14-15, 06:17 PM   #28
SnoopySnake

Yeah they work with zoo meds, I have one on a zoo med...I guess I'm just not crazy about zoo med products is all. just make sure its actually a thermostat and not rheostat if you go with zoo med, totally your call. What one are you looking at?
Old 07-14-15, 06:56 PM   #29
DDW

I was looking at the hydrothermal one that can regulate humidity and temps. Although I'm sure humidity will be better once I have the uth working rather than the ceramic heat lamp bulb. I'll check the hydrofarm one out
Old 07-14-15, 07:00 PM   #30
DDW

That looks nice I like that is digital rather than a know that turns to the optimal temp.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread