PDA

View Full Version : Rocks

Weather1
01-28-03, 03:33 PM
I am only really interested in rock pythons as far as giants go... but I have seen little posts from people who keep rocks.. Why is this or are there not many people keeping them?

If you have a rock can you please post a picture

Thanks

ReptileHQ
01-28-03, 03:58 PM
Dom keeps a rock

Dom
01-28-03, 05:42 PM
I thinkk for the simple reason that thye get reallly big and are generouslyu aggressive.. They are also considered one of the only 3 snake species that actually eats ppl wich is an added bonus..

I have heard of tames python Sabea's although i have never been able to hold one without getting a full blown bite. I personally think there are also one of hte fastest snakes.. ranking right beside the retic.

Just my thoughts

Dom
01-28-03, 05:49 PM
I personally wish less ppl kept them .. I have had 3 ppl in the past offer me theres and I have turned them down .. for the one and simple reason - one large nasty snake is the max i can handle..

Morphs.. Theres different degrees of patternless and thats about it as far as sabeas go ... Often, the more morph there i the more interest there is..

Ask me specific questions and ill answer.

Hes a pic of my girl..

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/55rockniceholdingwithoutmepic-med.jpg

Notice her loving possitions all the time!

If u want more pics I have a few more on my hard drive..

I personally love the idea that there stomachis larger than there eyes!

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/55rockcdcompare-med.jpg

Enjoy
Dom

asphyxia
01-28-03, 06:03 PM
Man, that is one awsome snake dude,

Brian

honduranfreekk
01-28-03, 06:06 PM
Dom I have 2 say this after I came 2 your house bud and saw you handling your rock you have big kahoonas lol :) :)

Dom
01-28-03, 06:17 PM
lol man I can't stop this guy from hittimg on me lol

JK!

Kelvin, your more than welcome to pick her up whenever you woud like!

Ciao bud
Dom

honduranfreekk
01-28-03, 06:20 PM
LMAO ha ha funnyyy lol uhh no after what I saw I think I will pass bud lol :) :)

Dom
01-28-03, 06:21 PM
To wich big snake are you refering lol :) alright I'm backing down!

honduranfreekk
01-28-03, 06:24 PM
HAHAHA You are a freak bud lol that is a little 2 freaky of a snake 4 me lol :) :)

Dom
01-28-03, 06:25 PM
lol Poor Kelvin .. he puts from the rough...

honduranfreekk
01-28-03, 06:32 PM
LOL oh man what a comedian lol :) :)

Them and Us
01-28-03, 09:48 PM
haah this was funny.

Clownfishie
01-29-03, 02:20 AM
Wow... she's fat! Very pretty though... :)

Dom
01-29-03, 08:40 AM
those pics were after she ate 3 sewer rats.. she was HUGE! lol she eats even when sheddin' .. she is shedding about every 4 weeks ... the thing won't stop growing lol WOOO HOO!

Weather1
01-29-03, 08:44 AM
Thanks Dom, She is beautiful!!!

How old is she and how big is she now?

Did you get her as a hatchling?

What size of an enclosure do you keep her in?

Sorry for all the questions.

Dom
01-29-03, 08:56 AM
np. bud!

Well shes would be around the 1 yO maybe a bit more..

I got her when she was about 2and a half feet so yes - she was very young. Right now she is just hitting the 8 feet and probably around the 15 pounds - I have not accuratly measured nor wieghed her..

She is presently in a 6 feet by 2 feet high and 18 inches wide..

Its samll but her new cage is being buitl as soon as i have funds comming in.. very soon!

She will be getting a 6 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet.. hopefully that will be good for a very long time.. They grow so quickly its crazy!

sebae
01-29-03, 03:54 PM
Hi,

@Dom

you have a very nice lady whow.......

But i dont understand how old is this lady now ?

I have an Boy from 10/2000 as an DNZ (DNZ = breeding from Germany) and i must translate in feet *lol* the size of my boy.

But he is an impulsive ( is this right written ? ) boy and he is sooooo fast :-) and fantastic..

I am from Germany and here are not so many sebaes !!!

And i am soooooooo interestet of the pics at your harddisk from the rocks !!!!!!!

bye Andre´

RachelS.
01-29-03, 04:21 PM
wait, did you say sewer rats? Does that mean wild rats, or just those big, huge stupid feeder rats you buy from like a petstore?
btw, Dom, nice rock...she's HUGE!!! =)

sebae
01-29-03, 05:56 PM
What i can do,

for my own avatar like this :

http://www.schlangensite.com/images/forum/avatar/andre.jpg

????

Dom
01-29-03, 07:04 PM
Hello,

Sabae: She is about 14 month old.. a little over one year old.

Nice litle boy .. he seems really small .. 4 feet maybe less? Mine is a bit over 8 feet. There comonly known for their fierce, quick and agressive temperment .. mine fits that excacly ...

I will post some more pics tonight of her in a new thread for you!!!

Rachel: No not reall sewer rats .. there labs rats bred in captivity .. but there as big as rabbits lol the size of Huge sewer rats lol and expression used to describe how big the rats were:)

Tx for the compliment guys :)

Dom
01-29-03, 07:07 PM
hers more pics in a a shed

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/507/55rocktopheadshot-med.jpg

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/507/55rockbedattackpic-med.jpg

Enjoy!