PDA

View Full Version : Western hognose question

Metalhead7232
12-19-12, 10:49 AM
So today I got a call from a friend of mine and he was wanting to trade me a albino western hognose female for my baby green anaconda.I was wondering if its a fair trade? As far as I know the hognose is still a baby at 7 inches and eating pinky mice. I kept hognose snakes in the past but never really bred/ sold them. Any feedback would be appreciated.:hmm:

Lankyrob
12-19-12, 01:09 PM
It all depends what YOU want and can care for. Have you got the space for an adult annie? If not maybethe hoggie is a better bet :)

Metalhead7232
12-19-12, 05:17 PM
It all depends what YOU want and can care for. Have you got the space for an adult annie? If not maybethe hoggie is a better bet :)

Yes I can house and properly care for the Annie when she gets larger. How ever I was thinking it would be a little easier keeping a hognose but I'm not sure, ill just keep thinking it over. :crazy2:

Gungirl
12-19-12, 05:18 PM
Huge difference.. I would go for whatever interests you more.

poison123
12-20-12, 06:28 PM
Does your friend have what it take es to care for an adult anaconda?

StudentoReptile
12-20-12, 08:22 PM
Does your friend have what it take es to care for an adult anaconda?

Another important question. A lot of people want a green anaconda for the "wow" factor. Do you think your friend is responsible enough to undertake an anaconda at adult size?

Metalhead7232
12-21-12, 12:21 AM
Another important question. A lot of people want a green anaconda for the "wow" factor. Do you think your friend is responsible enough to undertake an anaconda at adult size?

Yes, I've known him for a while now. He deals with mostly "hots" and big snakes. He also does educational shows with his non-venomous snakes and other reptiles. So I know she will be going into good hands.I've desided to trade him and he offered to included a 2010 female sharp albino boa along with the albino hog. Thank you all for the feedback!:bouncy: