PDA

View Full Version : Black Rats in K-Town

rattekonigin
05-01-02, 08:48 PM
Hey, guys. Just wondering if any of you know some good places around Kingston to find Black Rat snakes. I'm staying there this summer and a friend of mine said she saw tons of big ones this fall...I just gotta see these guys!:bugout: Gonna have my digicam in hand!

Nicky
05-05-02, 03:21 PM
Well um i olny know 2 "hot spots" for black rat snakes neither in kingston at least that I know of sorry. i could give you a tip thoe if you rlooking for them(not that I'm a pro just a teen who loves her herps) Ok when we look for black rats we go mid day when it's hot out go to our "hot spot" and look on ruble where they have a habit to bask. Ok heres acouple of tips. the one we caught was small but had a real temper when we got him so try and avoid getting bit I imaging getting bite by an afult 8 foot lond black rat snake would hurt alot. Also there not the panicky type like garters we usually find so they'll be harder to find you won't see it unless it's standing out or your standing on and get bite. I could be wrong my tips are based on the black rat snakes we've caught either or have fun tell me if my tips are helpfull and show us pic good luck!! Maybe your friends in kingston will know good spots. They like woody areas with openings to bask.
happy herping!!!:D