PDA

View Full Version : Feeding response????

Nicky
05-01-02, 06:18 PM
Hey everyone today when I feed my snake something odd happened. Usually when I feed my cornsnake 3 pinkies I'm getting ready to switch to a fuzzy in about 2-3 weeks. Anyway it usually takes my corn 25 mins to take the prey and digest so today I started wiggling the first pinkie like theres no tommrow in front of him and he just went bezerk He's eyes were big as bulbs anyway for the first time(I'm so proud of the little guy he struck at it and gulped it down It took 5 mins!! What brought on thje sudden change? I feed him every week he can't be that hungry?o> :w o> :w

Yve
05-01-02, 08:00 PM
Could have just been the fact that you were wiggling the prey this time. How do you usually feed it? Another reason may be that the 3 pinkies are not enough and he is hungry. How big is the corn in length and how big is he around the largest area of his body? Nickel, quarter, looney? The prey should be equal in thickness to the snake at its thickest point.

Nicky
05-02-02, 06:05 AM
ok well usually I feed him 3 pinkies I've been doing this for about 3 weeks.Usually I'll lay it on a roick and he'll caualy come up from his little borrow (he loves to dig) and eat. He's 6 months old and 23 cm long checked today and he was about a 1cm thick it's hard to tell anyway I'm switching ti a fuzzy as soon as he finish the last 9 pinkies in about 2 weeks.

Dom
05-02-02, 08:23 AM
To me it seems he simply though that the rat was alive cause you wiggled it and showed greater interest and a better feeding response ..

Personally I always wiggle my rats before feeding them ... there feeding response is always much better and they ussually "exercise" more to eat the little rodents..

I personally would move to fuzzies .. he seems ready for them

patricia
05-04-02, 03:36 AM
That is only nine inches, less than the average length of a newly hatched baby. Are you sure you don't mean 23 inches long? That would be closer to normal for a 6-mth-old (a bit on the large size, but still normal). Nine inches would be much too tiny to take three pinkies at a meal.

Conversion is 2.54 cm = 1".

Nicky
05-05-02, 01:01 PM
no no no I ment 23 inches