PDA

View Full Version : Jamacan Anoles?

Kyle Barker
01-24-03, 01:12 PM
Is anyone in canada keeping/breeding Jamaican Anoles "Anolis garmani"?

kyle

ReptileHQ
01-24-03, 01:55 PM
Not that I know of, but these are available in the pet trade, because they are an introduced species in Florida and collected from there. Maybe you could start?...this is a fascinating species to work with...awesome colours as well

Chris

Kyle Barker
01-24-03, 03:16 PM
I hate WC. Everything about it I am against, unless its saving a species. However becaue they are introduced I would buy some but only from someone who has had it for a while, im not interested in taking them right out of the wild. Really like to see some CB somewhere. Thanks.

Kyle

ReptileHQ
01-24-03, 03:32 PM
that's gonna be tough to track down in Canada. Remember, every species needs a dedicated pioneer before it gets established in captivity...so wild caughts aren't always a terrible thing.

Here is an excellent Anolis site, if you're gonna find any CB, it'll be here:

http://come.to/anoliscontactgroup

Chrisw

Katatonic
01-24-03, 07:17 PM
If no one is willing to trail-blaze with a given species, how may people like yourself acquire those "captive bred gems" that are so highly sought after??
Wild caught animals, depending on the species, are not necessarily a drain on wild populations, and if you're actually dedicated to working with and successfully propogating the species, you should be willing to treat the animal with necessary vetrinary attention. Sometimes you have to be willing to take a risk for the type of animal you admire, and help it out in the long run... Jamaican Anoles are one such species.

Kyle Barker
01-24-03, 10:12 PM
Im not really too picky about where the person is, but the only people in the states that i have found wont ship here:(
Thanks, i guess i will have to get my a$$ and go for the states.

kyle

Jazzey
01-25-03, 01:50 PM
Hi Boid,

I think I saw some at Critters and Fins (in Victoria) ?
Just thought I would pass on the info.

Jazzey:w