PDA

View Full Version : Grrr. Stupid glass doors

Unsung-melody
09-06-12, 04:22 PM
So I still have not finished my new Viv. I can not get the doors right. I had glass cut to fit. Except it won't. The aluminum channels I bought aren't wide enough for both doors so I got mad and ripped them out. :sorry:Lol. Anyway, anyone know where I can buy the actual sliding door tracks for 1/8" glass? The ones with two spaces (one for each door). I don't care what material it is. I just don't want to have to order it off the Internet. I'm very much an immediate gratification person. I like to have something in my hand once I've dropped money. Lol.

MDT
09-06-12, 04:34 PM
plexi..... 1/4"

i've got both and the plexi is much more forgiving.

Unsung-melody
09-06-12, 04:39 PM
Yes but I can't afford to buy more plexiglass. Ive dropped about $50 on these stupid doors already. I already have the glass doors. The plexiglass was too hard to cut. I just need the tracks. I may tradition to plexiglass in the future but right now, I just need to know where to get the tracks for 1/8" glass doors.

MDT
09-06-12, 04:43 PM
hmmmm.......i see your dilemma.... you've prob already tried the box stores? how about a window/glass store...? what i have found is that when you have the budget figured for a cage, add about 15% to it for "modifications" :)

BTW.....did you find the little glass lockie thingies? :)

Unsung-melody
09-06-12, 04:51 PM
Lol!! Yes! I found the little glass locker things. :) thanks. I've tried ace hardware, lowes, home depot, etc. I can try the glass place.

Falconeer999
09-10-12, 01:22 PM
Any luck? If not, probably could have ordered online by now... Here they are on Amazon.

Knape & Vogt P2417TAN48 Plastic Sliding Door Track And Guides - Amazon.com (http://tinyurl.com/cmfed58)

Unsung-melody
09-10-12, 09:41 PM
I ordered them. Found them a little cheaper on doitbest.com. I'm waiting for them to come in. Hopefully they will be here in a few days.