PDA

View Full Version : Breeding my Albino burmese

Cobra
01-17-03, 08:56 PM
Hi Everyone
Can anyone tell me when is the best time to put my burm with its mate.My friend Trespasser and i bought a pair at a show here in Holland.The guy who sold them to us came from Sweden and was selling them for a friend who lived in Stockholm . You could see that they where poorly fed this due to that they couldn.t get rats or mice to feed them.We have them now for 2 years and they are now 3 and a half years old .We feed them up to 5 full grown rats each and still they want more If anyone can help me with information it will be great

cya :thumbsup:

Corey Woods
01-17-03, 09:25 PM
The female should be atleast 10 feet 40lbs but I'd say she is safe to breed. It would be a little safer if you had her in the 12 foot, 65-70lb range. All I can say is keep feeding the female heavily and keep putting the male in with the female. I have found that burms breed heavily from the middle of January to the end of Feb. For some reason burms seem to go a little earlier in the season than balls and usually all of my burms hatch out before my balls start hatching.

Good Luck!
Corey

moperri
01-18-03, 02:11 AM
I found that my burms breed in march. That seems to be the best time

snakemann87
02-08-03, 06:06 PM
someone better cancel this post, before the people from reptilehaven.net see it, or there will be major hell in here.

Ed_r
02-08-03, 06:42 PM
Depends wha the climate is in Stockholm. My snakes know what season it is regardless of the temps or photcycles. All you can do is try. One precaution i would urge and I'm not sure what your situation is where you are. Are Burms and retics already over produced in the pet tradeby you? here in the US it is a huge problem with people buying snakes only to put them up for adoption. If There is a legitimate market for them I say go for it. If you have allot of burms going through rescues already I would ask you re-think about breeding Burms.
Here mostly its late winter early spring is best for most pythons.

*refuses to comment on snakemann's comment*

snakemann87
02-08-03, 07:21 PM
pretty mature of you. Oh, also, Ed_r, please tell your people at RTB.net, that when i was on java, and said i left a rat over night in my BP's cage, they said what an idiot, and kicked me out, and i was informed by my friend that they had presumed it was live, which it was actually F/T. Thanks

Ed_r
02-08-03, 11:00 PM
Snakemann, I'm not her to pass messages for you to others. I was not involved in that discussion, so I can't comment one way or another on it. I go on a few sites, if I can offer my.02 to put a scene in someones mind that they have not thought about, or offer a solution to an issue then I did good. When you see sooo many come through rescues and adoptions, that are abused, neglected, or just plain "Wow I didn't think it REALLY would get that big" you get very prejudice against Burms and Retics, Anacondas and the like. Just like I'm against going to a pet store for a dog or cat, cuz there are so many homeless already.
I have talked to a few kids under 18 that I consider responsible herpers, I still would talk them out of a Burm. I don't know you well, so unfortunately I put you into the young herper class, which in my oppinion should not own a Burm. Just my oppinion. Don't need to jump on me, or have me be your messenger.
So lets just bury the feud and get on with life , its too short.

The_Omen
02-08-03, 11:02 PM
[18:06] <snakemann87> my ball still doesnt eat right away
[18:06] <snakemann87> i have him in a seperate cage with the mouse right now, its been in since last night
[18:06] <E_rock> my little peruvian won't unless you leave it alone...can't even be in the same room most of the time
[18:06] <E_rock> you feedin a mouse to a ball?
[18:07] <snakemann87> i mean rat
[18:07] *** Quits: Billy_ (Connection reset by peer)
[18:07] *** Joins: |JKBilly| (Billy@c4d4625e.nycmny1.elnk.dsl.1d452074.net.hmsk )
[18:07] <E_rock> hey billy
[18:15] <Eddie101> you have a live rat in a tank with a ball overnight?
[18:19] <Eddie101> snakemann
[18:19] <Eddie101> you have a live rat in a tank with a ball overnight?
[18:19] *** Joins: herp_chick (herp_hag@e7ed8c78.8fe2e84d.net.hmsk)
[18:19] <herp_chick> hey ya'll
[18:19] <Eddie101> hello
[18:19] <Eddie101> snakemann
[18:19] <Eddie101> you have a live rat in a tank with a ball overnight?
[18:20] <Herpkingdom> hola
[18:20] <herp_chick> hey Jim, eddie
[18:20] <Herpkingdom> what's up with that?
[18:20] <herp_chick> give me back my ops, I'll be good
[18:20] <herp_chick> lol
[18:20] *** Quits: snakemann87 (Quit: Leaving)

Looks like you ignored the question, then left on your own according to logs.
Don't trash other sites here.
You were caught in lies repeatedly both on posts and in chat.

Lisa
02-09-03, 09:17 PM
This isn't reptilehaven.net. Things are different here.

snakemann87
02-10-03, 09:34 AM
actually, i was on here posting,thats why i didnt respond

sSNAKESs.com
02-11-03, 02:45 PM
look, trashing of any other sites on here is not welcome whatsoever... Please leave problems from other sites an the front page before you come into the forums. We dont like or condone the trashing of other sites in the forums or anywhere else.