PDA

View Full Version : Finally ate!!

karmageddon
04-13-12, 07:53 PM
Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to share how happy I am that Cupcake finally ate! The last time he ate was Dec. 6. Obviously we were worried. But everyone kept telling us that it's normal for snakes to go off food during the winter. The thing was, before the one time in December, the last time he'd eaten was in October, so that was even more concerning. We tried smaller food, we tried leaving the food (f/t) overnight, we sort of tried braining (although I'm not sure we did that correctly, and in any case he didn't go for it), but he would just look at the dancing, floating, flying, flippin' rats as if they bored him. He did Not see them as food.

But he had a huge shed last week, and he ate tonight after over four months (!!!) and I couldn't be happier. Yay, Cupcake!!!

Haha thanks for letting me share that!

J

Norm66
04-13-12, 08:04 PM
Congrats! It's such a relief when they eat. All 9 of ours have eaten 2 weeks in a row and we're ecstatic.

Kingsnakechris
04-13-12, 08:09 PM
Nice! My male CAL. KING is off feed right now, it's because it's breeding season and he knows my female is close, can't wait till he starts eating again.

millertime89
04-13-12, 08:45 PM
lol, Cupcake, awesome name.
Congrats. Ignore Mikee if he posts something negative.