PDA

View Full Version : Don't read this, for the love of God!!!!

rattekonigin
01-14-03, 08:13 PM
Now that I've got your attention...I was wondering how many people on the forum have a background in the life sciences...
ie. are taking/have taken post-secondary studies in life sciences, or are working/have worked in the field...
If so, please elaborate! :D

reverendsterlin
01-15-03, 09:51 AM
I answered yes but could be wrong, I have college lvl courses in biology, chemistry, psychology (I do think I relate it in ways to reptiles), have read Robert Orr's Vertibrate Biology, Robert Tamarin's Principles of Genetics, a pre-1960 book on General Zoology by Ville, Walker, and Smith, and a text on Evolutionary Biology by Eli Minkoff. But my degrees are not in life science so... Hope this was the type info you wanted.

gargoyle
01-15-03, 08:54 PM
I've got my diploma in Aquaculture! Sir Sanford Fleming, Lindsay I've been breeding herps for about five years now and have a policy of not looking back! Anyways I have also opened and closed my own Exotic Pet Store in Chatham Ont. (due to family conflicts in time) and am presently working as a photographer for my family's business. I am also looking into internet courses for biology (marine) specifically.

Dom
01-15-03, 09:11 PM
I have 2 of my 3 years of a biology degree.. But unfortunetly that does not count for much unless I decide someday to finish it..

Mainly biology .. zoology ..ecology .. math .. physics .. chemistry .. genetic courses..

Overall science I guess..

beyowulf
01-16-03, 05:33 PM
I'm not in the life sciences, but I take courses with lifesci kids.....I'm in year 3 of a 4 year BSc Honours in Geology at Queen's University.

for anyone who's interested, and hasn't read it yet, Read "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris. It's a zoologist's study of the human animal. It's quite interesting, keeping in mind that it was written in the 1960's.

rattekonigin
01-16-03, 08:41 PM
Haha, Jen, Geology doesn't count! And neither does having lifesci's in a couple of your classes.
Well, since I started the thread I suppose I will elaborate on my position...I am in my 3rd year of a BSc in Biology (with a minor in Earth and Planetary Sciences, but that's not a life science...)

P.S. Jen, 3rd year of a 4 year program?...are you forgetting the victory lap?! Heheheh

Matt
01-18-03, 10:30 PM
Just finished my degree in Zoology @ Guelph