PDA

View Full Version : hey dom

hip
04-26-02, 06:52 PM
hey dom you said you have already lost two snakes this month what were their symptoms? and how long were they sick? did you have a necro done?(to check for disease) from reading your post you might have a serious problem if you have others that are sick as well.Did the other two show the same signs as your female? Is your female any better? Regards Hip

Linds
04-26-02, 07:03 PM
http://www.ssnakess.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=811

Dom
04-27-02, 04:18 PM
Thanks so much Linds .. thats gonna nelp a whole lot ..

Actually I have lost Only One snakes a male IJ / coastal ? carpet python..

Right now .. only about 25% are still showing sings of the overdose although there has been really weird things going on..

The Flagyl overdose is supposed to have a half life of 3 days .. 14 days after the last treatment - one of my snakes that had the least severe overdose had a seizure??? Really weird .. I had one that did the same too after 11 days.. I can't explain it..

Right now they are doing much better and I am pretty shure they will all pull through except for my female burm .. she is doing better although still not perfect .. She has been in her water bowl (bin I should say!) for almost 3 days straight .. I hope she will make it ..

she is still a bit overdosing and still wont eat b/c of it .. I really need to get her some weight back on if I want her to make it ... she lost 13 pounds so far..

If you need more info HIP ask! Thanks for the concern .. try to check previous post .. I wrote in a lot..

Take care

Linds
04-27-02, 04:28 PM
No prob, Dom :)

hip
04-29-02, 04:31 AM
Hey Dom my heart goes out to ya man!! I hope you have let others know about the vet who gave the improper doses,so others can avoid this DVM.You are better than me I would be just about insane with rage. I hope all works out for you and your "kids" Regards Hip

Dom
04-29-02, 01:46 PM
Tx hip! I apreciate the support ..

Believe me .. His reputation is going to be ruined .. especially since We refer a good dozen of ppl everyday who call at the zoo to him .. that won't be happenning anymore!