PDA

View Full Version : shedding question...burm

andrea
01-14-03, 02:36 PM
This may be stupid, but never had this problem with the JCP. My burm is getting ready for his first shed since he's been with me, or so I thought. He had eaten about three days prior, a good fist sized rat. (well my little fist, hehe) Well, his eyes turned blue and the next morning i got up and he was soaking in his water dish. Stayed there for like three solid days. Then he got out two days ago and NOTHING. His eyes are still blue, but not quite as blue, but they are still milky, and no other signs of shedding. Is this normal? the JCP just turns milky-eyed and sheds and is done with it.

JKUROSKI
01-14-03, 09:16 PM
Sounds fine...give it some more time, and it will shed.

jason h
01-15-03, 07:51 AM
that is completely normal and when his eyes have completely turned back to normal(clear) you can usually expect sheding to take place within a couple of days , the bigger they get the longer the shedding process takes.

andrea
01-15-03, 07:53 AM
thanks guys,
that is a relief. our JCP never took so long. and the burm is so touchy when you just walk by now he strikes at the glass. trying to keep him calm as possible, but i was so scared something was wrong hehehe.

Jurliki
01-15-03, 11:19 AM
Perhaps tomorrow it has a "new" skin. The two burms I own have quickly shedding, but I've heard that is not unusual that it takes a week long...

Jurliki

andrea
01-15-03, 03:51 PM
well his eyes are still blue, but not quite as blue as they were for like three or four days. he is in a bad mood and staying in his hide. hopefully in a day or two he will shed and i can hold him again.

SpongePat
01-19-03, 10:40 PM
Yeah, my girl goes blue for about a week, and then her eyes magically clear up. About a day later, she sheds. Like your she also gets in a very foul mood...I told my brother, it is alot like PMS to her...

andrea
01-20-03, 12:08 AM
yeah lol PSS, pre-shed syndrome hehehe