PDA

View Full Version : Python sebae eating!!!

dlucka
01-10-03, 09:22 AM
Those big snake amaze me with what they can put in their mouth!!!
Those pic are from one of my snake book. Too bad i wasn't their to
take it. This is a sebae python or if you prefert african rock python
eating a impala.

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/507/995dsc00259.jpg

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/507/995dsc00261-med.jpg

KaHane
01-10-03, 12:02 PM
Great pic, thanks for sharing.

Jurliki
01-10-03, 12:20 PM
This one pic was very popular a few years ago:
http://www.venomousreptiles.org/data/profile/jurliki/photo.jpeg

Jurliki

zouleous
01-10-03, 09:28 PM
AMAZING

Z

snakedude_03
01-10-03, 09:34 PM
i dont get how those slow snakes can catch a deer or whatever like that.. unless the thing was already dead for the snake to eat? :S

JasonBrennan
01-10-03, 09:58 PM
One word for you snakedude..................AMBUSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Linds
01-10-03, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by snakedude_03
i dont get how those slow snakes can catch a deer or whatever like that.. unless the thing was already dead for the snake to eat? :S

Slow? They might not be able to run one down, but yeesh... like Jason said... if it doesn't see the snake it doesn't have a chance... I don't think I will ever get over how fast snakes are :eek:

honduranfreekk
01-10-03, 11:10 PM
I would have 2 agrea with jason and Linds I once gott taged in the leg by a 15foot burm and did not see a thing it happened so fast it was unreal how fast they are

Tim_Cranwill
01-10-03, 11:35 PM
Very true. Almost everytime I feed my balls they surprise me. They seem like such slow animals but then.... BANG! They've grabbed and started to constrict the prey before you even have a chance to blink. Gotta love it:)

Dom
01-11-03, 01:49 AM
very nice pics .. man oh man .. I love roks!

Jurliki
01-11-03, 05:12 AM
unless the thing was already dead for the snake to eat?
No, they are predators. It seems incredible how they can catch a deer, and how they can swallow it. But, believe me, they can.
Every python can be very fast when attack. If you see the picture I put, you'll see there are high grass... a great place for ambush, donīt you think so?.

Jurliki

Lisa
01-11-03, 02:49 PM
Snakes are amazingly fast. When i film one striking with the video camera it only covers one frame. Our camera does 25 frames per second, so that means the snake struck in one 25th of a second. They may not have the stamina for long distance running like a gazzelle, but they are unmatched for a short burst.

condro python
02-01-03, 01:48 AM
I belive that large pythons are faster then some of us would like them to be when it comes to feading time. (hehehe) like I alwase say count your fingers before and after feading time.
But that is the gratest thing about nature and one of the reasons why we keep these wonderful animals.

moperri
02-02-03, 12:38 AM
WOW......Great pic man.

Weather1
02-05-03, 10:50 PM
That is such a cool picture, glad it is not me in the picture.

Jurliki
02-06-03, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by condro python
count your fingers before and after feading time
I know it sounds like a joke, but it isn't!!!!!! I don't want to wait to my burm get tired and take off her mouth of my hand anymore!!!! I made a (stupid) mistake when I put a chicken in the eating box... let my hand near the top.... A nd I can't saw her in the attack, I only felt a big pression on my hand, and then a lot of pain. As I've had read that it's a stupidity to try to take of the snake (it can hurts it, or gets it mopre aggresive) I wait until she goes. Those were the longest seven minutes I've past in my hole life.....
As a note, I gave her a live rabbit, and let the both in a warm room, when i was looking from the window. At a time you can see the rabbit. Less than a second before.... you only can see a colied burm. Don't get confied in the speed of any snake.... believe me.

Jurliki

Vanan
02-06-03, 07:54 PM
The one snake which I have that I never see strike is my 3 ft female blood. I only hear her mouth hitting me and see her recoil. By the time I jerk away the damage is done and she's happy in her coil again. Ambush predators they are!