PDA

View Full Version : First shed

jaleely
11-29-11, 05:06 AM
My poor girl! I got her at a show on August 6th, 2011...She's been so happy, and wiggly, eating, and scooting around her viv. About 6 days ago though I noticed a very dull belly...next day the telltail signs of shed...blue eyes! She stayed that way until today...and has just been sitting there being sad in curled up. Poor thing, she seems to hate shedding!
Her eyes are normal, and so is the belly. So shed should be soon. She's a bit more active today. I just felt so bad for my little girl! She's been totally over-dramatic. I'd think something was wrong if i didn't know better. Little drama queen.
I do totally feel bad for her though. She's been growing like a weed and is twice, really twice the size she was when we got her, so I've expected a shed way before now. The pic is of her a couple weeks ago.

I can't wait to see the shed though. My first hognose shed! I'm totally saving it!

Norm66
11-29-11, 06:48 AM
I understand. We get in tune with our pets' behavior and when it changes, even if you know why, it can stress us out. I hope the shed goes well and soon so your pal can get back to her normal self. And you can quit worrying. :)