PDA

View Full Version : baby burm

Dunner
01-07-03, 08:50 PM
this is my 6 month old male burm, is he small for his age, or right on schedule, he eats a med rat every 7 days or so

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/683burmtara.jpg

Corey Woods
01-09-03, 06:46 AM
He looks good to me. If you feed him every 4-5 days he will grow quicker but if you're not in a hurry to get him big stick with the 7 day feeding schedule.

Corey

Dom
01-09-03, 08:28 AM
He looks awesome!

BTW fixed your picture :) (view the HOW TO forum if you are having dificulties posting pics..)

moperri
01-19-03, 09:31 PM
Looking great.

SpongePat
01-19-03, 10:34 PM
Looks good to me.

Tim_Cranwill
01-19-03, 10:49 PM
Looks awesome!

andrea
01-20-03, 10:30 PM
my four month old burm is about that size. he eats a medium-large rat every four to five days or he gets aggitated. i was told that they need to eat that often especially at this young of an age. is that true? i dont want to underfeed him. i wait until he defs. before i feed him again of course, but he usually does that after about three days then in a day or two i feed him a good sized rat. he takes it before i can get it into his tank fully and has it down in seconds.

PoiSoNouS
01-21-03, 12:14 PM
Oh wow He looks alot like mine !!!
Really pretty ! :)

Clownfishie
01-25-03, 12:57 AM
Very cute! :) I do love burms... if only they didn't get so big! LOL :)

Edwin
01-25-03, 08:08 AM
mmmm....burms

Lisa
01-25-03, 09:27 PM
That's a real cute burm.

bbkaren
01-25-03, 09:46 PM
The more I see the normal patterns the more I want to get one--all in due time, I guess. In the meantime, is there any way to tell about how old a snake is? I have an albino burm who's 36" and about 1 and a half inches in diameter. He's on a small-medium rat a week now (although it's a stretch, literally) and the guy at the store had no idea of his age.

Are there any "landmarks" I can look for to indicate his age?

Also, is it a better idea to wait until he poops to feed him? Mine doesn't go but once every two weeks or so (a big pile like a cat dookie though!) I think he'd be a little cranky if I waited...but if it's a good thing to do I will...

Dunner
01-26-03, 01:30 PM
yeah i love normals...and granites...bbkaren...my guy there is about 40 inches long or so, maybe a little more...and he eats about the same as what your describing, mines about 6 months...but some grow quicker than others hard to say

Gorelith
01-26-03, 03:10 PM
That's a nice picture...been debating on whether or not I'm gonna take that road sooner or later, one way or another I think i'll get into them in the future.

Sk8tSa
01-26-03, 03:28 PM
yes this is a very beautiful snake y very like it !!

andrea
01-26-03, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by bbkaren
The more I see the normal patterns the more I want to get one--all in due time, I guess. In the meantime, is there any way to tell about how old a snake is? I have an albino burm who's 36" and about 1 and a half inches in diameter. He's on a small-medium rat a week now (although it's a stretch, literally) and the guy at the store had no idea of his age.

Are there any "landmarks" I can look for to indicate his age?

Also, is it a better idea to wait until he poops to feed him? Mine doesn't go but once every two weeks or so (a big pile like a cat dookie though!) I think he'd be a little cranky if I waited...but if it's a good thing to do I will...

I have always thought that was the best idea. My burm, about four months old, eats, poops within three days, and then eats again with a day or two of that. i would be afraid of getting it constipated. But it wouldnt be immediate danger I dont think. we have done it with our JCP on occasion and it didnt hurt him. I think that you could try it. feed him, then feed him again in one week or even like three to five days later, (mine eats about every five days) and then see how long it takes him to poop. if you feed him two feeds and he doesnt poop within like three days of the second one, I would put him in a tub of water and see what happens.

snakemann87
02-08-03, 04:42 PM
Nice burm. I just got a Labryinth last sunday. He eats a small rat every friday, he is about 4 months, and 30 inches.

eclypse_boy
02-16-03, 10:54 PM
He sure looks good to me. I can't wait till my 2 month old girl gets there.

garethuk1
02-24-03, 05:34 AM
i got a 6 month burm and he's about 4 and a half feet which is about the same as yours so he looks good

snake_lover
02-24-03, 08:33 AM
cool snake

Aaron_S
02-24-03, 10:15 AM
From what i have learned that terrestrial snakes tend to hold their poop sometimes. So it is ok to continue to feed them if they haven't pooped yet. I have fed mine on a continous basis each week without it going on a regular basis and it hasn't had any problems.