PDA

View Full Version : close proximity to snake.

Them and Us
01-05-03, 10:04 PM
I am buying a rubbermaid three droor setup from k-mart tomorrow for only $10 US. i really only want this for my BCI. but since i have it can i utilize the other two droors for mice breeding? will the smell of the mice cause my bci to go nuts. was going to keep him/her on the bottom level and the mice on the two higher levels. thanks in advance.

Todd

tai_pan1
01-05-03, 11:59 PM
I don't know about a BCI, but I keep my mice and corns in the same room and it doesn't seem to bother the corns. I've only had the mice for a month, and the snakes are at a cooler temp than summer time, but I haven't seen any problems.

Give it a try and see what happens. My biggest worry would be that the mice would chew through the Rubbermaid container.

Mike

Them and Us
01-06-03, 07:36 AM
okay thanks. I'll just have to try and see ht happens. maybe if i give them something else to cew on. if things go awry then I guess I'll just have to fill the oher two droors with young herps,not such a bad thing.

tai_pan1
01-06-03, 09:21 AM
I could think of worse things than having to go get more snakes!

You say that Rubbermaid thing is at K Mart?

Them and Us
01-06-03, 02:03 PM
yes it is. 9.99 among many other different rubbermaid things . I'm going to pick it up right now. ha.

Kyle Barker
01-06-03, 02:14 PM
i have never done this so i have no idea how it will work, but here are some things that popped into my head.
1.will the mice chew thru
2.If the snake smells mice maybe he wont want rat

dont know if those would happen but just thought id share.

kyle

Lisa
01-06-03, 02:35 PM
the smell of food can agitate the snake, i know many of our snakes get very excited when they smell food

Linds
01-06-03, 03:27 PM
IMO that's far too close quarters for the two to be sharing. The pungent odour of the mice will invade the snakes space for sure. It would be almost the equivalent of having to share the same enclosure with eachother since there is no airspace between the two for odours to dissipate..............

Them and Us
01-06-03, 09:45 PM
so the mice will stay put. okay tanks everyone ha. i gues this just means i need more herps to fill those empty spaces. oh damn. ha. maybe this saturday at the show