PDA

View Full Version : Bill Haast......

crimsonking
01-05-03, 09:37 PM
Just heard from a friend who talked to Nancy, that Bill was envenomated by a viper of sorts (can't remember ssp) and may have to have a finger amputated. I certainly hope all goes well for him. Anyone with more news?
:Mark

Matt
01-05-03, 11:11 PM
geez, hadnt heard about that, that really sux....I hope hes alright, I would be worried about someone that old getting envenomated

Jurliki
01-08-03, 01:44 PM
Ugh! Bill? Envenomated?. A joke?.
Hope that be a joke and Bill be allright.

Jurliki

Linds
01-08-03, 01:51 PM
Hope all goes well :(

crimsonking
01-08-03, 01:54 PM
No joke.Right hand index finger I believe. 171st bite for him. I may get some pics later.
:Mark

BWSmith
01-09-03, 09:28 AM
Considering that this was supposed to stay quiet, it sure is on alot of forums.

Matt
01-09-03, 12:11 PM
BW, who wanted this to stay quiet?

cobraman
01-11-03, 04:43 PM
I spoke to Nancy Haast (Bill's wife) just after the bite. He was bitten by a Malaysian Pit Viper, (bite #174) and his finger is not looking real good right now, but that is no indication that he will loose it. After the Hagen's Viper bite my finger looked equally bad, and the surgeon wanted to amputate it. However the finger recovered fairly well (good thing I did not listen to the surgeon). So we are very optomistic of Bill's keeping the finger. For a man that just turned 92, he is doing very well.

ReptileHQ
01-11-03, 04:50 PM
I still can't believe his age! He looks 25 years younger than that, and has more energy than I do(I'm 28):)

Lets all hope for a speedy recovery

Chris

cobraman
01-11-03, 05:14 PM
I used to work with him when I was 35, and he could work circles around me. He is doing what he truely loves to do.
Ray Hunter

ReptileHQ
01-11-03, 06:36 PM
He is the one guy in the reptile community that I have always wanted to meet.

Everyones dream in life is to follow their passion, I admire people like him.

Chris

hip
01-12-03, 08:48 AM
I saw a show on tv many many years ago, I remember him catching cobras with his bare hands Mr Haast also spoke a bit on his life working with snakes his bite count at that time and about his self immunising program.I was always interested in reptiles but that tv show and Mr Haast hooked me for good.So here is to a speedy recovery to Mr Haast .

Ps Ray how's the finger doing? Sorry I never returned your email had a comp crash but it would seem to be better now that it has eaten all my extra funds up lol .

Peace to all

Hip

cobraman
01-12-03, 04:01 PM
Hip, Finger's doing great, thanks. Don't worry about the e-mail return, I have been very busy myself. Bill thanks all for their get well soon wishes.
Blessings all,
Ray Hunter

Gorelith
01-19-03, 04:39 PM
I think with any celebrity rumors are bound to spread like wildfire, and get blown out of proportion. I'm sure he'll (Bill) recover quite fine, he's not gonna let something like that slow him down. Best of luck Bill! We at sSnakeSs.com wish you a speedy recovery.