PDA

View Full Version : soo... he didnt eat!

thomas1123
05-15-11, 11:04 AM
so i was trying to feed my snake like usual on friday but he just hissed at it a burrowed. he did the same on saturday and today. what should i do? should i just not worry or should i take him out and put him in a container with mouse or what?

Lankyrob
05-15-11, 12:01 PM
Dont keep trying to feed - snakes should have a feed day each week/fortnight and if they dont eat you wait til the next feed day - constant attempts to feed will just stress it out.

As long as you have no other worries with him then i would just leave him be and try your normal feeding procedure next time.

Xochiquetzal
05-15-11, 01:03 PM
maybe he is going to shed ? Sometimes snakes just refuse and then eat the next week , every last one of mine has done that at least once, not to worry unless it goes an for a longer period of time.

stephanbakir
05-15-11, 01:12 PM
Snakes will eat when they get hungry, some go months, some go over a year without eating, try him once a week or so, and leave the food in overnight.

Lankyrob
05-16-11, 02:38 AM
Snakes will eat when they get hungry, some go months, some go over a year without eating, try him once a week or so, and leave the food in overnight.

As long as it isnt live!! :) :) :)

Dehlida
05-16-11, 10:59 AM
I have several male snakes that are off feed right now due to breeding season.. One of mine, who's normally pounding rats, chicks, mice, fingers, etc, is now only interested in breeding (which is good, because that's what he's going to do!)

thomas1123
05-17-11, 07:20 PM
hey sorry i havent replied yet. i stopped trying to feed him and will only try to feed him on feeding day. but should i try and hold him or no?

NennaMeerkat
05-17-11, 07:34 PM
Thomas you gotta just leave him alone like you did when you first got him. No handling or anything. Just leave him be until next feed day. My girl hoggie refused her food today as well. I gotta go through the same thing. When they are hungry they will eat :)

Lankyrob
05-18-11, 02:41 AM
I go back to just water changes and zero intervention with any of my snakes that miss a feed - they dont get handled until they have fed on two consecutive feed days.