PDA

View Full Version : My Hoggie is a Stinker

NennaMeerkat
05-10-11, 09:42 AM
So I go out of my way to find a cheaper and better supplier for my pinkies for my hoggie girl. Last week I offered her one in the normal way that I give her her food and not only does she reject it but she tries to get out of the tub I feed her in the entire time. Figuring she might be stressed I waited until Saturday and tried again using a different pinkie from the same batch. Again she refused and almost managed to mistake before I stopped her and put her up.

Now today was another attempt at feeding...and I used the flattened store bought pinkies instead of the wholesale cheaper pinkies that actually look like pinkies. And of COURSE 15 min. after putting her in she eats it and sits waiting for me to get her back in her tank.

I suppose it is my own fault for getting her started on eating the flattened pricey blobs of mouse, but honestly I am just now put off. Glad she is eating but totally put off. It doesn't even leave a noticeable bulge in her, and she will only eat one. Ugh.

sassy_snake_lady
05-10-11, 09:53 AM
I wonder if you deforst one of each in the same tub then offer the nicer one she might take it as it may smell like the blobby ones?

Just an idea :)

NennaMeerkat
05-10-11, 09:55 AM
I wonder if you deforst one of each in the same tub then offer the nicer one she might take it as it may smell like the blobby ones?

Just an idea :)

Hadn't thought about that. I could put a blob in with the other one and let them thaw together...I will try that next week. Knowing her though, she is a little princess, she will still reject. I am gonna try though. Crazy enough to work.

ilovemypets1988
05-10-11, 10:00 AM
just be persistent with her or try braining the better pinkies to make it more attractive to her, she will take it eventually.

i stick to the thrase of gotta be cruel to be kind and in this instance, i would say that its gotta be true.

NennaMeerkat
05-10-11, 10:02 AM
She is picky and I think she has always been. Hopefully next week she will eat one of the bigger pinkies that is scented with the blob. Probably will throw in the blob and the bigger pinkie in the tub so she doesn't miss a feed...if she is still put off by the bigger one that is.

KD35WIN.AS.ONE
05-10-11, 10:14 AM
hahaha be glad you dont have to chop pinkes up to nasty mess for her to eat lol.

NennaMeerkat
05-10-11, 10:21 AM
hahaha be glad you dont have to chop pinkes up to nasty mess for her to eat lol.

Oh man no thank you! I would do it if I had to but thank goodness I don't! Especially if it is those blob pinkies! They are already disgusting enough.

KD35WIN.AS.ONE
05-10-11, 11:00 AM
hahah those ArticMice at PetsMart i know what you talking about lol,

NennaMeerkat
05-10-11, 11:01 AM
hahah those ArticMice at PetsMart i know what you talking about lol,

Exactly...and it seems my hoggie won't eat anything else. YUCK! Junk food for snakes that is overpriced. Or it might as well be.

TeaNinja
05-10-11, 12:40 PM
what a picky girl ;)