PDA

View Full Version : 3 Successful Feedings

NennaMeerkat
03-21-11, 12:31 PM
Well it is official folks. My new hognose I traded with the breeder for has eaten for me 3 times in a row without problem. It is the first time I have ever had a snake willingly eat f/t pinkies, but she is doing it. Now my only concern is finding frozen large pinkies. Might have to start buying live every 2 weeks when I get paid and freezing them ahead of time.

She is still a bit unpredictable when it comes to attitude, but starting this week I will be slowly handling her to get her used to it. Honestly though I don't care if she always has an attitude problem, as long as she eats! That to me is the greatest challenge and it seems I have overcome it.

As for pictures...well my husband broke yet another digital camera (I think this is #4) so I am getting one for myself. Will probably be another 2 weeks before I can get anything of her.

marvelfreak
03-21-11, 12:53 PM
Congrats on successful feeding f/t.

NennaMeerkat
03-21-11, 03:05 PM
Honestly I was beginning to think that everyone collectively was BSing me about it being possible. I mean not really...but having never done it successfully myself it was odd to me that everyone said it was so easy.

ineedsoap16
03-21-11, 04:39 PM
Congrats Neena. They can be a pain, but in my experience, once you get them started, they are usually solid after that. Good luck.

NennaMeerkat
03-21-11, 05:47 PM
Thanks soapy! Hope ya don't mind me calling you that ;)

Damion930
03-21-11, 05:58 PM
Check around your local area for other reptial enthusiasts around shops ext I found a local forum on cl and ebay and found someone breeding rats mice and rabbits ther is bound to be someone breeding in your area

Damion930
03-21-11, 05:59 PM
Oh oh and congrat that is awesome

NennaMeerkat
03-21-11, 06:13 PM
Check around your local area for other reptial enthusiasts around shops ext I found a local forum on cl and ebay and found someone breeding rats mice and rabbits ther is bound to be someone breeding in your area

Oh yeah I have people that sell both frozen and live pinkies the only problem is that the frozen pinkies are TINY TINY TINY while the live ones are the size I need.

Damion930
03-21-11, 06:29 PM
Ahh gottcha

ineedsoap16
03-21-11, 07:11 PM
Not at all. I'm just happy to have someone else here who was hogs.

NennaMeerkat
03-21-11, 07:12 PM
They are the best! Hoping that by this Summer I will be getting another!