PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is field herping?

wonder_chunky
04-21-02, 02:48 PM
do you catch the animals and keep them or somethin? or just catch 'em, look at 'em, and let them go?

corrado
04-21-02, 09:59 PM
catch look and let go.

stewart
04-22-02, 11:30 AM
To me field herping is getting out and seeing the animals in their natural environment. Observing the natural behavior, seeing where the animals live. In genereal enjoying the outdoors. I get the biggest rush from discovering herps out in the environment, even if it is just a common garter snake. A big part of field herping to me is also photography. Adding to my "collection" of images. I also like to particaipate in conservation projects, like the Easter weeekend Spotted turtle census, or going to Pelee Island to do work on the conservation area there, restoring land to its natural features. Thats just my take on field herping.

Andrew
04-27-02, 06:51 PM
That is exactly what I would consider it. Just going out and being able to find them is a thrill. I like to be able to find many different species in a variety of habiats and then being able to add to my collection of pictures. In no way do I agree with people catching herps and bringing them home.