PDA

View Full Version : Weird behavior?

Dom
01-02-03, 04:38 PM
I recently aquaried a really nice male adult savanah monitor..

He is about 20-24 inches long .. He is eating really really well but there are a few things that worry me ..

First of all .. ne never ever goes near the heat sources .. theres a stack under my flood light with the following temps .. top is at 136.9', the two middle stories are at 115 & 125 and the bottom storiy wich is under ground is 90 degrees..

at one end of the cage i measure it at 85 and the othe is closer to the 75' range ..

He seems to spend almost all his time in the 75' range .. and as i said feeds every 3 days but does not have a crazy feeding response ..

My second issu is that he has these bursts of energy, where he just starts running like crazy from one end of the cage to the other for a good 10 seconds and then stops moving again .. he deos this a good 5 times a night for the past 2 nights in a row..

Quite akward .. He does seem healthy to me .. Is in great shape..

I am just curious as to wether any of you guys have ever encountered akward behaviours like these with your collction or if you'd have any suggestions to offer me? I beleive I have nothing to worry about but still wondering"why"?

Thansk in advance

Dom

V.aw
01-02-03, 06:46 PM
Whats the humidity like in the enclosure?

What kind of substrate, dirt right?

Hes an adult that you aquired, what kind of substrate was he on previously, and what was his diet?

Ive seen animals that have been kept on toxic substrates or come into contact with toxins. (working in a petstore brings you to this sort of thing) Maybe some sort of poisoning..?