PDA

View Full Version : beardies/ shoulder pets?

XxRachxX
01-01-03, 07:58 PM
k..this beardie i want is really sweet he sits on ur shoulder andjust hangs around on my head...... wondering are most beardies like this? cuz if i dont get this one then i was wondering if i have a chance of finding another like this?

but then again i DO have loads of christmas money...and he IS just sitting there all lonely......:rolleyes: maybe i should just..grab him!:grab:

Matt
01-01-03, 09:11 PM
rach, most beardeds will just hang out on your shoulder, there is the odd one that doesnt like to, or if they are bothered by something or something catches their attantion they may not.

but the one you saw isnt out of the ordinary, its pretty typical!

damzookeeper
01-01-03, 10:44 PM
Yup, hatchlings and juvies are a little more skittish, but most older beardies and even a few young, when handled alot like to hang out and get chin and belly scratches. :D
Sure you already know this but my concience makes me do this. lol.
Just make sure to do lots of research before buying your beardie. They need lots of supplies. 40breeder tank is minimum. uva/uvb light, and a basking light of 105. suppliments and vitamins, and more. You can do a google search for great care sheets. :D I also have one on my site.

XxRachxX
01-02-03, 09:12 AM
phew just checking! ive had a few of them trying to eat me O.o scared the crap outtame! ive done plenty research and i think im all set! i have loadsa cash ready and my dad at the ready to build the tank:-p i just need to go shopping!...actually......first thing i gotta do is confirm with my parents that i can actually have it....should be easy ;) hehe

damzookeeper
01-02-03, 09:42 AM
sounds like you'll be a great keeper. :D Good luck with it. And I'm sure your parents will fall in love with him/her too. :D

Big Mike
01-02-03, 10:28 AM
Sounds like your going to have some fun... :)

It is a good Idea to have your enclosure set up and ready before you go out and buy the little guy. This way he can settle right in and not stress out too much.

Good luck

XxRachxX
01-02-03, 04:23 PM
my dad already loves it! its at the rescue centre im doin work experience at! so i get to play with it alot and showed it my dad:) i dont think my moms too bothered tho.she loves my cornsnake!
mike: the guys at the place wont let anyone take something without the enclosure set up..i learned that from last time...meh...we drove all the way out there for nothing! except getting ripped off on a thermostat! :)

andrea88
01-02-03, 04:57 PM
I think its great that you are adopting one from a rescue centre, giving something another chance at a good life.
Good for you!
Very admirable of you!
:)

Justin
01-03-03, 01:16 PM
Yeh get another one it could do it well

XxRachxX
01-03-03, 02:29 PM
i think i will ALWAYS adopt! there are so many un-wanted pets out there and all of them deserve a good home! ive already had a cornsnake from there. the good thing is its only £20 to adopt! so it turns out alot cheaper and you know there is nothing wrong with the animal and most of the time is perfectly healthy! the great thing about it is cuz im working there i get to play with them and feed them and just cuddle the living daylights out of them! im already planning getting a ball python...but...best not get carried away!