PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Tanks

Linds
04-20-02, 10:13 PM
Dry ice can work well, but it can be a bit of an inconvenience. I was thinking of trying it from tanks. Where can you get these tanks and how much do they cost?

Grant vg
04-20-02, 10:35 PM
I'm sure "party" stores would have it...dont know of hand where else it would be.....

Linds
04-20-02, 10:37 PM
Don't party stores just sell helium?

jason h
04-21-02, 06:16 AM
you can get them at any welding supply store in your area.you can also get smaller ones at canadian tire (used for welding etc)

Linds
04-21-02, 10:36 AM
Thanks Jason! I'm going to go check it out :)

corr
04-21-02, 12:32 PM
You can create a concotion to produce your own CO2. It's called BEER! LoL!

... or wine if you choose...

:D

snakedude_03
05-14-02, 04:47 PM
i could get some CO2 tanks in toronto.. some people are selling them for like $15 for a tank that holds 7 oz or something like that.. i'm not sure if that's a good price or not..

Jeff_Favelle
05-14-02, 07:24 PM
Try emailing Ian. He uses the stuff.

Linds
05-14-02, 08:05 PM
This thread was started about a month ago. I contacted Ian at that time and decided it would probably be better for now to use either dry ice or another method.

Jeff_Favelle
05-14-02, 08:13 PM
How could dry ice be better? I've watched Ian do it. He turns the dial and wammo! all the rats are dead in like 5 seconds. He can do like a thousand of the things in an hour. Unless you're doing like 5 mice a month, I think the tank and regulator would be better. But if you have a small amount, why not just grab the tail and....well, you know. Although, some people really do not like that.

Ian
05-14-02, 10:12 PM
Isn't dry ice expensive? Well I know it is for shipping. I don't know if you've got the same problem of buying a minimal amount. I've got to buy a 10lb amount for $20. That's get's a bit expensive. After all the talking we've done I've decided to go out and find another bottle since I'm always running out. I found out that at one place here you can lease them. Might be a good idea for you linds since they lease a 20lb tank and I'm sure that would last you a year. A lease can run you about $40 but then you've still got to buy the CO2 which is $30.00 for that size of tank and you've got to buy the regulator which is around $60. The regulator you get to keep and then the Bottle you just return when you run out and they hand you a new one right there. It works out to be way cheapier that way. It's just a lot of money to throw down at once.

Linds
05-15-02, 12:30 AM
Jeff, dry ice can be better since it has same effect but you do not have to throw down all that money at once. It may not be cheaper in the long run, but it is in the short run. Maybe one day when my money tree decides to pop up in my backyard.........................

Ian, actually right now I am cannot afford to throw down anything at all, I have several projects already on the go. So for now I am having to continue with the tried and true pillowcase method :eek: lol.....well, at least it does the trick :p

Nicky
05-15-02, 05:40 AM
wouldn't a quick smack on the edge of a corner be faster than co2?

snakedude_03
05-15-02, 02:16 PM
yes... a quick smack.. it would be quick.. but i couldn't do that... seems kinda nasty.. like you have a rat or something in a pillow case.. then you smack it on the edge of a desk.. and then you see all this red stuff dripping.. nahh.. i don't really like to picture that..