PDA

View Full Version : Thats my head you're chewing on.

Lisa
12-29-02, 05:36 PM
A couple weeks ago I fed Nikita a live mouse and took this pic but between the crazy season and work I just haven't had time to post it. Unfortunetly Nikita didn't eat the mouse after she killed it so i felt really bad about killing the poor mouse. Since then we've gotten to eat no problem.

http://snakes.lexxdog.com/viperboa/nikita-14.jpg

BeHeMoTh
12-29-02, 06:54 PM
cool

Jeff_Favelle
12-29-02, 07:41 PM
Very cool. :D

Clownfishie
12-29-02, 08:27 PM
Neat pic :)

lanalizard
01-05-03, 01:58 PM
poor mousy...

snake_lover
01-05-03, 09:27 PM
Is that live you are feeding?..its bad...
nice boa ...want one ....how much for one of those?

katey
01-06-03, 03:36 AM
We don't feed them live by choice, it is all they will take, all 13 of our other snakes are on f/t. We got ours from Mike at Boa-Mania, www.boa-mania.com he was awesome to deal with and gave us a good price on the pair.

Originally posted by snake_lover
Is that live you are feeding?..its bad...
nice boa ...want one ....how much for one of those?

Emix Max
01-06-03, 06:37 PM
Ok, cool pic and all, but what Kind of Boa is that??? Weird looking eyes.... is it about to shed? I thought that snakes did not eat when they were about to shed...

Lisa
01-06-03, 07:29 PM
Its a New Guinea Ground Boa (Candoia Aspera) aka Viper Boa. She is about to shed in that pic which is why she has the blue eyes. While most snakes won't eat while going into shed some will.

snake_lover
01-07-03, 08:44 PM
i never feed my snakes when they are in shed i do also never pick them up i pick them up and feed them after they shed:)

Lisa
01-08-03, 01:01 AM
If they're willing to eat there's nothing wrong with feeding them in shed. As for handling them in shed, moving them from one cage to another won't hurt them, nor will moving them after they eat. Excessive handling can make them regurgitate the contents of their belly but the minor movement won't make a difference. We try to handle most of our snakes at least every day or every other day to keep them tame (you don't want an unfriendly adult burmese python) except for these two who are still aclimating to captivity. The only time the other snakes get a handling break is for a few days after feeding.