PDA

View Full Version : escape FWC

RandyRhoads420
06-17-10, 12:10 AM
Room mate didn't put locks on cage. Door was open. Escaped outside. # days later after counting him as gone i'm crawling in my basement and I come face to face with him hooded up and STANDING like a real cobra. I thought FWC couldn't do this? Can't lie I about pooped myself when I came face to face with him not expecting it.

infernalis
06-17-10, 12:13 AM
At least the snake is safe and sound.

all too many times escapes vanish to never be seen alive again.

I'd have freaked out too.

marvelfreak
06-17-10, 08:11 AM
I come face to face with him hooded up and STANDING like a real cobra. I thought FWC couldn't do this? Can't lie I about pooped myself when I came face to face with him not expecting it. I believe this is how they got their name by mimicking cobra.That would be scarer than hell. Glad you found it. I don't think we ever seen pic of it. So do i really need to ask? Lets see some pictures.

emseeKAY
06-17-10, 12:37 PM
lol i probably would have pooped myself aswell lol especially if it looked like a real cobra in the dark lol :P

BlindOne
06-17-10, 08:45 PM
FWC's are awesome, glad you found him safe

Palor
06-18-10, 07:21 PM
Glad your snake turned up and all is well.

Nivniv
06-21-10, 09:28 PM
Room mate didn't put locks on cage. Door was open. Escaped outside. # days later after counting him as gone i'm crawling in my basement and I come face to face with him hooded up and STANDING like a real cobra. I thought FWC couldn't do this? Can't lie I about pooped myself when I came face to face with him not expecting it.

Well, they can put up somewhat of a minor display, ime not as significant as a true cobra [Naja] hence what garnered them the name, False Water Cobra. But still enough to get the blood pumping. hah... Glad you found her, jw what size is she?

Will0W783
06-22-10, 07:43 AM
Hahaha, I bet that was an interesting encounter. I love FWC's, so glad you found yours. My boy has never escaped and I'm very careful with him. He puts on a show in his cage, but is very docile when he gets out. I've never seen him stand up though- from what I've read, FWCs usually hood stretched out and "lying" down, but any snake can stand up to a certain degree. I'd also love to see pictures.

RandyRhoads420
06-23-10, 03:59 AM
Pics the ones of the water cage are old don't worry i fixed it....And when I say standing I mean fully stading striking moving forward while hooded....Just like the cobras on animal planet!:Wow:

marvelfreak
06-25-10, 02:12 PM
Oh his sweet looking. How big is he?

presspirate
06-25-10, 02:22 PM
That is a cool looking snake, how is his temperament?

shaunyboy
06-26-10, 08:56 AM
glad you found him mate,loved your story,i'm sitting here with a big daft ear to ear grin as we speak.

ive not had much dealings with fwc's.a shop i did voulentery work had a couple of hatchlings in.they used to bite your gloves and leave little puddles of venom.the shop owner reckoned it would be like being stung by 4 bee's at the same time for each fang these guys got in you,not sure if this is correct though.how big do these guys get.having something that can hood up like that appeals to me.especially if you get albino's ?

do you need to have a water tank like your last picture randy ?

please excuse my ignorance,but you have me intrigued by these guys.
cheers shaun