PDA

View Full Version : So what is everyone using and how often?

jakejeff
12-27-02, 09:55 PM
Just wondering what vitamin supplements everyone is using and how often each are used? I currently have rep-cal calcium w/d3 Bone aide and a multi vitamin cricket dust. I dust juvi with bone aide 3 times a week, mix repcal w/d3 and bone aide, 3 times a week and 1 day with the multi vitamins. Does this seem O.K or would you do different?

Alicewave
12-28-02, 08:45 AM
I'm using Nekton MSA which contains D3 once a week at most. It's expensive but the herps wont eat other brands with D3. Go figure. Then the rest of the time I use Repcal in the green jar without D3. With babies I would use this schedule: D3 once a week and w/o D3 at all other feedings. With my adults, especially now during the winter feeding slowdown, I only dust at all once a week. Then I spread some on the paper towel and a rock and they lick it off if they need any extra. Leos are nocturnal so they really don't need all that much D3. I wouldn't use the D3 as often as you are. Also to keep in mine, if your leos eat 20 insects at a time, you really only need to dust like 5.

SnowSnake
12-28-02, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I use repcal (which contains vitamin D3 and calcium only) and reptivite (vitamins). In a baggie i mixed 2 spoon fulls of repcal with 1 spoon of reptivite. I put all the crikets in the baggie, i shake it then feed them.
I use that method each time i feed and i never had any problems in 5 months.
I also leave a small dish with calcium in the tank and when i give some mealies i put them in that.

cya,
SnowSnake