PDA

View Full Version : Max pink argentines?

Kyle Barker
12-23-02, 01:56 AM
What is the genics of this form? Also anyone working on these in canada?
Thanks

Kyle

Linds
12-23-02, 10:26 AM
As I understand it it is just a line of argentines developed by selective breeding over time to have high pinks, and they do retain a fiar amount of it into adulthood as well. It will carry on through the offspring to an extent, but isn't a "morph". However it can be kept up through selective breeding.

As for your second question... I wish! Argentines are quite rare in Canada still, and I am not aware of anyone working with this line of argentines. These are appendix 1 animals which makes them nearly impossible to legally import.

Kyle Barker
12-23-02, 01:54 PM
Cool thanks. are they the only apendix 1 boa,Th cites site doesnt seem to be working for me.

Linds
12-23-02, 03:36 PM
There are several appendix 1 boas. I don't know them all off hand, but a few examples are Dumeril's Boas, Jamaican Boas, Puerto Rican Boas, Argentine Boas, and Madagascan Ground Boas. Hope this helped :)

Kyle Barker
12-25-02, 12:03 AM
Ya, sorry i had an extended brain fart. I have dumerils, so i guess i shouldnt forget their ap 1 :) The ones i can never remember are the epricates. Any idea wich epricates (other that the ones you listed) are also ap 1? Thanks

Kyle