PDA

View Full Version : guyanese (spelling?) redtails

Them and Us
12-22-02, 07:38 AM
i was thinking of purchasing a pair of sub-adults frome someone. he says $500 for the pair. i want to know is this a good price for the both of them? too high? too low? and they are about 4 - 4.5 feet in length. how old would that make them. they did seem quite healthy. very strong. not thin. did the "pinch" test and seemed great.

norman
12-22-02, 10:55 AM
is that $500 U.S.?

Linds
12-22-02, 12:09 PM
Well, there are alot of variables that are involved in pricing redtails, as they have a very broad price range. Some variables include colour, pattern, history, etc. They can go for anywhere from $250 - $1500 a peice. Really it's your call.........

Them and Us
12-22-02, 06:14 PM
oka thanks . i wa sjust making sure it didn't seem like a bad bad deal. one person a while back said he was getting a pair of albinos for $700 US and that seemed kind of fishy. i just wanted to make sure my deal didn't sound like that .

Darren Hamill
12-23-02, 08:06 AM
I completely agree with Linds.... It all depends on the specific animal in question... :)

boa maniac
12-25-02, 03:00 PM
if its $500 canadian, for a pair of guyana's that are nice and healthy, so it seems from your description, well i say go for it, there age depends how often they were fed, you can have guyana's that same size that may be a year old or you could have guyana's around 3 or 4 years old. it basically all depends on how much and how often they are fed. but for boa's that size who have been fed once week to once every two weeks should be somewhere between 2 and 3 years old, if you fed them good for the next year you should be able to breed them, I can not see the value of guyana's depreciating, so it would be a great investment. guyana's are still very popular all around the globe!!!! To truly determine the value of a guyana, it all depends on the individual collectors, some like their guyanas to be very clear and light colors, while others like theirs to be dark and highly speckled. There are different color and saddle patterns which determine the price! It all depends on personal preferences ! none the less, all you babies produced from this pair no matter what they will look like will eventually sell!!!!!

mike

Them and Us
12-25-02, 08:32 PM
well boa maniac you just sold me on it haha. come spring time I'll have two new beauties. i can't wait i can't wait i can't wait. now i get to construct the cages haha. thanks