PDA

View Full Version : Massassauga/ mississauga rattlers

freetv-5
02-11-08, 12:29 AM
I have seen one last summer here in Southern Ontario, Canada.
I wonder how poisoness they actually are? I have heard they are about like a few bee stings unless you allergic? Most people here say they don't eveb require a trip to the hospital?? I know they bite hard buy anything other then tath???

gonesnakee
02-11-08, 01:39 PM
I have seen one last summer here in Southern Ontario, Canada.
I wonder how poisoness they actually are? I have heard they are about like a few bee stings unless you allergic? Most people here say they don't eveb require a trip to the hospital?? I know they bite hard buy anything other then tath???
You have been very misinformed indeed. A bite from any Rattlesnake is a VERY serious ordeal & an immediate trip to the nearest hospital is required ASAP For starters right away it starts to break down all the tissue in the area of the bite, basically your skin starts to bloat up & breakdown/disolve & you are at a serious risk of infection (gangrine sp?) right away & whatever limb (if it was a limb) that was bit you are at risk of losing it. If bit in the face or body area you are in even deeper trouble. I don't know who you have been talking to but they are obviosuly very clueless in reguards to such. No worse than a few Bee stings ROFLMAO!!! Run a Google search on Rattlesnake bites & find some actual pictures to see the effects of such bites. They are to be taken VERY SERIOUSLY & DO REQUIRE IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTN. no matter what some idiots might think, Mark

freetv-5
02-12-08, 01:12 PM
Hey gonesnakee,
I knew the ones by you,Alberta, western Canada (Pintickton), and US were pretty venuemis!! I had heard that these were far less dangerous?
I still would give it a wide path but heard if you happened to get bit, unless under the influence of alcohol you would be ok and make it to safety as long as you didn't get too excited? I would like to get some pictures. The one I saw was very wild looking, really well camoflogged for his/her surrondings.

gonesnakee
02-12-08, 01:17 PM
They don't pack as deadly a "punch" as some of the other rattlesnakes, but no bite from any venomous species should be treated lightly. The majority of most rattlesnake bites are "dry" bites, meaning there is no invenomation, but unless you want to risk losing "life & limb" literally it is best to ALWAYS seek immediate medical attention. They say that an adult isn't at risk of losing their life from a bite, but can leave some very nasty results still. Mark

fedupdon
03-10-08, 04:30 PM
i spent 3 day in the hospital from a bite from a western massasuga the infection was worse than the bite

gonesnakee
03-10-08, 04:36 PM
i spent 3 day in the hospital from a bite from a western massasuga the infection was worse than the bite
Was it considered to be a "dry bite" I'm assuming it was. THX Mark