PDA

View Full Version : guyanese-columbian whats the difference

x_gilmore_x
01-12-08, 07:09 PM
hey guys I'm wondering whats the difference between guyanese red tailed boas and Columbian boas are besides the location of them will they breed should they breed why not how can i tell the difference thanks

Aaron_S
01-15-08, 11:10 AM
Some of the differences are colour. Guyanese tend to have a more grey colour as well as maybe some pink or purple in them. Colombians usually go a dark brown as adults. The biggest difference is their size. Colombians usually reach 6 - 8 feet. Guyanese will reach 10 feet and grow at a much slower rate.

For breeding, a lot of people are against the mixing of locales. They would breed if the conditions were met but as I said most people like to keep the lines "pure".

x_gilmore_x
01-16-08, 01:28 AM
Thanks alot for the info

I'm in the Toronto area and am looking for a Female Guyanese red tail boa if anyone has one i would love to buy it asap i cant find them anywhere or someone always buys it before i do lol so any help here would be much appreciated.

Missing Link
06-04-08, 11:41 PM
Some of the differences are colour. Guyanese tend to have a more grey colour as well as maybe some pink or purple in them. Colombians usually go a dark brown as adults. The biggest difference is their size. Colombians usually reach 6 - 8 feet. Guyanese will reach 10 feet and grow at a much slower rate.

For breeding, a lot of people are against the mixing of locales. They would breed if the conditions were met but as I said most people like to keep the lines "pure".
Guyana boas do stop at 10 feet. 12 to 14 feet is more the norm. If you are new to boas stick to BCI instead of BCC, they stay alot smaller, males especially.

Aaron_S
06-06-08, 03:31 PM
I amend my statement that they don't stop growing at 10 feet. No snake actually stops growing. You'll see a large decrease in the growth rate between 10 feet and 14 feet.