PDA

View Full Version : Feeding thawed mouse to a mouse?

cncslick
09-22-06, 02:35 PM
sometimes my snake doesnt eat and i just throw the fuzzy away and try again with a new fuzzy in a couple of days. a friend of mine told me that when his snake doest eat a meal he just feeds it back to his mice. is it ok for a mouse to eat a thawed fuzzy??? seems a bit nasty but it sounds better than just wasting food.

redtails
09-22-06, 06:24 PM
I've had many a mouse or rat get eaten by another, it just happens. I guess it's ok, although strange.

cncslick
09-23-06, 03:32 PM
yea does sound strange but i just dont like wasting them. i watched them grow up and then killed them. so i feel real bad when i throw one away cause my snake just didnt wanna eat at that time. he usually eats on a good schedule but just every now and then he doesnt.

LdyPayne
03-28-07, 07:51 PM
I know rats will eat carrion when they come across it. Not all mice will. It all depends. Give it a try and see what happens...though it is likely you will have to change the bedding in the mouse bin more often if you do that, decomposing flesh tends to smell up the house really fast.

JonD
03-28-07, 11:03 PM
Thats why you just get one snake that eats everything, anytime. You'll never waste a meal...;)