PDA

View Full Version : Venting???

Grant vg
04-14-02, 05:30 PM
K, im gonna put two vents on either side of my enclosure....on one side 1 vent will be in one corner and the other one will be diagonally in the other corner...now my question is...should i switch up the vents on the other side...meaning that the vents from each side will be not only up/down from its opposite side but diagonnally as well.....
anyone understand????
ARRRGGGG
I cant seem to describe this right...please help!

Yve
04-14-02, 06:43 PM
not sure what you mean but.... if you have two across from each other one should be closer to the bottom and the other closer to the top. i don't know if the ventilation is better if they are diagonally placed.

jason h
04-14-02, 06:59 PM
im not sure but i believe the air flow is better if the vents are diagonal though i dont remember why at this point in time lol.

Grant vg
04-14-02, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys...well i already kinda did it hehe....and i like the way it looks diagonally.

Gorelith
04-14-02, 08:26 PM
if you put them diagonally, the air will flow through more surface volume of the enclosure (because a diagonal is always longer than a width/height/length of a box), it's a longer distance so there will be more air pressure forcing the air through, covering more "ground" (should say air) of the enclosure. I think diagonally is the best way to go grant. Good luck.

Matt
04-14-02, 08:37 PM
grant,
you gotta post some pics when its done, Im curious as to what your enclosure looks like...its been a while in the making :)

Grant vg
04-14-02, 09:56 PM
Gorelith: Thats what i was thinking....makes sense.
I also like the way it looks with one side of all four enclosures being uniform but different from the other uniform side....

Matt: I'm thinkin bout having a big viewing party when its done!
EVERYone's invited..lol
Beers on Jeff!
But really,,,,i havn't done impulse bying on materials etc...for these enclosures...i've even searched many stores for the best price which i havn't really done in the past.
I'm takin my time to make it perfect as i have too many supplies, heating devices, tanks, rubbermaids...that i've spent hundreds on and am not using anymore.
Pics will be up when its done...as soon as i get the glass
but unfortunately my wwwittle doggy fractured/broke his leg today and i am anticipating the pricy vet bills tomorrow that may
push back the finished date:(
Cest la vie!

Linds
04-14-02, 10:16 PM
Aw! What happened to the little cutie? :eek: Hope he's gets well soon!

Grant vg
04-14-02, 10:55 PM
Well, i was trowin a stick he ran and as he slowed down to get the stick, somethin happened???:confused:
Guess he must got his leg stuck or somethin....i'm really hoping its a really bad sprain rather then a brake. my fingers are crossed..
I've never seem him so sad...although my place is very quite these days....nice to hve some piece and quite once and a while!:rolleyes:

Linds
04-14-02, 11:06 PM
Lol... yeah he's a rowdy little guy! Well, hope everythig turns out well, I will keep my fingers crossed ;)

o>

sSNAKESs.com
04-15-02, 04:15 AM
lol sounds good Grant, ill bring the bear and a couple of bones for your pup! :)

Grant vg
04-15-02, 09:49 AM
Why are u gonna bring a bear to my party? ...lol
Tash is doing great today! he woke up with a lot of energy but still limping....:(
I doupt its fractured or broken probably a sprain or torn ligaments....will see how he is tomorrow before i take him to the vet...but as it looks as of now....the enclosure will continue on course...:)

Yve
04-15-02, 09:58 AM
glad to hear he's doin better. proly is just a strain...
Jeff, forget the bear, how 'bout some liquor?...:)

Linds
04-15-02, 11:35 AM
Grant: I'm happy to hear that he's doin a bit better! :D

Yve: Agreed 100%!

sSNAKESs.com
04-15-02, 02:59 PM
LOL, this was posted at around 6:00am on my way to work, gimme some slack! LOL