PDA

View Full Version : How often would you like to see reptile expos?

Lisa
12-14-02, 12:55 AM
How often would you be willing to go to a reptile expo?

Would you like to see them more often but in different locations?

mike7034
12-14-02, 07:43 PM
I would go to a reptile expo everyday if I could afford it unfortunately there is only one in syracuse a year and it sucks.

Tim_Cranwill
12-14-02, 07:49 PM
More than anything, I'd like to have one in Winnipeg or at least within 500km of here. Even if it was only once every two years.

Alicewave
12-16-02, 08:22 AM
There is a reptile expo is syracuse? Hmmm. never heard about that one. Wish I had known. Anyway, I check out the white plains one in NY whenever I get a chance.

tightsqueeze
12-16-02, 09:28 AM
well i get paid 2 times ina month so one expo at the end of the month everymonth would be nice....lol

jay

Edwin
12-16-02, 10:46 AM
I like the schedule PCPC has right now, every 3 months. It gives time for the breeders to get in new stock etc. It is also perfect timing for me to stock up on frozen mice; I usually buy 2-3 months supply.

VoluntaryRogue
12-17-02, 11:45 AM
there arn't that many over here yet, and believe me most are far too far too drive, :(

Joe
12-17-02, 12:25 PM
I think having them quarterly is the best bet gives vendors some time to prepare, if they have a show every month people will just keep putting that special animal on hold "I will get it next month" or "I can't make it this month I will go next time" vendors would be spending way to much money and not making near as much, I think it would just hurt the expo's we would have fewer vendors and im sure alot less visitors as well!
Just my two cents!

ciliatus902
12-22-02, 02:11 PM
Only 2 each year here in Calgary. I think that is quite alright, though, because quite a few of the breeders that come to the shows have to drive quite a ways. If there was more than 2 shows a year, I doubt they'd be able to come to each one. Also, I am not usually able to get much at the shows, so if there was more of them, I would not be able to get anything anyways.

Hope_H
12-22-02, 02:30 PM
There is a small reptile show in Harvre de Grace, Maryland every month. I usually hit 3 out of 4 months. Saves the shipping on mice too! Nice to chat with other herpers. You never know what you will find.

Jeff_Favelle
12-22-02, 03:54 PM
I agree. No more than 3 or 4 a year. It makes them an EVENT, which is what its supposed to be. You start having more, and the quality goes down. Make them something people look forward too, vendors as well as customers.

:D