PDA

View Full Version : wanting to start breeding, need help!!!

BOA FREEK
12-09-02, 11:05 PM
Hi, my name is Josh, I have been into Boas for about 12 years, i have always had them as pets, but I have never bred them, now Im ready, I need to know how to get started and what I will need to be successful, I had to learn about snakes on my own because my family despised them, so any help would essential. thanks again!!!

Josh:w

sSNAKESs.com
12-10-02, 05:23 AM
Well the best place to start would be with a book... Then you also have to hands on information you need... When i get home from work i will give you a few links to info on breeding online :)

Jeff_Favelle
12-10-02, 08:31 AM
There's at least 6-8 good books that can set you well on your way. I suggest you read at least one. Its still not too late for this season either!!

What kind of boas are in your plans?

Good luck! :D

BOA FREEK
12-10-02, 08:17 PM
I appreciate the responses, I am looking to breed common red tails to start off, then when I get comfortable my goal is to establish a wide variety of albinos, anarys, and hopefully snows!!! I am very excited, I would have started sooner but money is really tight with two kids and a new house, so Im trying to take it slow but my patience is wearing thin, Im ready now. also what is the best cages to keep your snakes in when breeding???

ksshane
12-16-02, 08:43 PM
as far as cages go... I have heard good things about the boaphile cages... But I wouldnt really recommend his video...

There is a book called "The Boa Constrictor Manual" by Philippe de Vosjoli, and it has a really good section on breeding that was written by Jeff Ronne (The Boaphile guy).

In the Boaphile video on breeding basically Jeff Ronne just reads straight from his book. So you can either pay 10.00 or less for the book, or 50.00 for the video. They both pretty much have the same information, but you save 40.00 with the book.

Just my opinion about the video...

paul_le_snake
12-16-02, 10:00 PM
reproductive husbandy of boas and pythons is a top bollox book. by **** ross and gerry marzec. bit old but tons of excellent info
cheers
paul