PDA

View Full Version : How loud do Tokay geckos get??

eyespy
12-08-02, 09:22 AM
My friend rescued a male Tokay from a horrible petshop situation. Since they are an aggressive species, the store wasn't able to sell the gecko, and they were afraid to feed it or clean its cage, so it was just living in its own filth with some dead rodent carcasses until it died. Occasionally they would put on gloves and throw in some more food but it was basically starving.

Chris is willing to give this guy a home and fatten it up all winter but doesn't plan to keep it forever and I might take it. But I live in an apartment and worry about the vocalizations getting me in trouble. Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge about just how loud they get?

My neighbors cannot hear my budgies even when they are squawking, exept in the lobby where it doesn't bother them. I had to give my barking treefrogs away, though, because they woke Rosie at 3:00 am all the time with their sweet, loud loving. How does a Tokay voice compare? Anyone?

Chris hasn't heard him yet, but I'm sure he's not feeling well enough to claim territory just yet.

Joe
12-08-02, 11:23 AM
no where near loud enough for your neighbors to hear, most of there vocalizing is done when threatened, take him in you will have no problems!

eyespy
12-08-02, 12:35 PM
Thanks, Joe! Once the guy is fed full of decent food and the weather warms up enough to ship with less stress, I think I'll have a new friend!