PDA

View Full Version : Is this setup OK?

slowfoxbird
10-25-05, 06:01 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/slowfoxbird/Pets/Misery006.jpg

This is my setup for my Blood python. I have an IR bulb on the right side, which is the warm side, and a smaller nightglo bulb on the left side which is the cool side. I have cardboard over the screen top to try and hold in humidity until I get a piece of plexi cut to go over it. I have a reptiglo 2.0 flourescent bulb on top for UVA and UVB. Should the plexi go under that too, or will it mess up the UV rays? I am going to have holes cut for the heat lamps to go through in the plexi. I was wondering, I have my UTH, and both bulbs plugged into my thermostat untill I can get a second T-stat for the cool side, will the lights coming on and off stress out the snake? I am thinking no because they cant see red and blue lights right? Anyway, the cool side usually doesnt use a bulb, but it got colder than expected for this time of year, and I thought it would be better off with a light on the cool side to keep it above 72F!! Some hints and opions would be greatly appreciated.

galad
10-26-05, 11:34 PM
To start with the enclosure looks pretty good.

As for the plexglass if it is put under the uvb bulb it will block pretty much all of it from going through.

Also im pretty sure that if you have a UTH set to the right temp you shouldnt really need a heat lamp in the same area. Also you where right about them not being able to see the red light but they are able to see the blue. And im pretty sure most snake keepers will tell you that the blue night bulb is not even needed.

A pic of the snake would be awsome.

peace

ws