PDA

View Full Version : what snake should i get

elijah12214
09-13-05, 09:45 PM
i am relay into snakes and have read a lot aobut them :medzorro: but i want to know what you guys and gals like about them that will help me decide thanks in advance

kronic2005
09-13-05, 09:49 PM
Ball- easy to take care of(if you know ur stuff). wicked snakes.

the_frog_man
09-13-05, 09:53 PM
corns because they are simple snakes and are inexpensive and some are good show animals

thanx froggy

Andy_G
09-13-05, 10:40 PM
Can't get much easier then corns...definitely a lot of snakes with easier and less frustrating care then a ball python(for a beginner) around. I say don't let us decide for you, choose what you like best...but my vote is for a corn.

Bartman
09-14-05, 01:11 AM
The better question would be, what are you looking for in a snake? Active, Eats well, etc.

Edmond Y
09-14-05, 02:01 AM
Now all my snake is ball Pyhton, but my first and second snake is corn snake. They are easy to look after, cheap to buy and colourful. Most people that afraid of snake but they like corn snake because of the colour. There are several beautiful morph like amel motley sungrow are really eye catching, butter motley has killer yellow but the price is just about the same as a normal ball python. Milk snake is related large and has very hard body so as kingsnake. very colourful and has a lot of bright colour. Ball python are of the most cute and funny looking.
Edmond

RepTylE
09-14-05, 05:01 AM
Best thing that you can do is keep it simple at first. I agree that a corn is a good choice but BP's are great too.
Just be warned that it is hard to stop with just one snake! I have as many snakes as I can manage but the temptation to get another one is always there. Talk about your major addiction!!

elijah12214
09-14-05, 12:34 PM
yes well i would like a pretty easy and nice snake good eater doesnt take that much space beacuis right now my bd is pretty hard and something very enjoyable

miami_juan
09-16-05, 02:29 PM
I Started With Corns And They Are Great So Many Colors And Morphs. They Are Pretty Cheap. I Went To The Anahiem Show And Balls Can Cost From $35 To $20,000 They Sure Are Awsome Though.

gonesnakee
09-16-05, 04:52 PM
Balls are boring. Cornsnakes or any other Colubrid for that matter is much more entertaining. Mind you I'm not into short fat snakes myself. As far as a begginer Python I would recomend a Childrens or a Spotted anyday over a BP. Aussie Pythons rule! Mark

gonesnakee
09-16-05, 04:55 PM
In reguards to Kings & Milks they are very nervous snakes as babies. If you get an older well established one with a good disposition they are great & are also good for first snakes, but I would not recommend them as a first snake as young babies as they are nervous & can be finicky eaters sometimes. Speaking of finicky eaters BPs are the worst! If you do go with a BP make sure it is captive bred & well established on FT rats (not mice & especially not live!) Mark

Lisa
09-17-05, 12:06 PM
What am bestest snake?

get a snake you like and know you can handle the requirements of. If you have to ask us which one to get obviously the snake's not for you, take up keeping pet rocks instead.

corn snake fan
09-17-05, 02:36 PM
i am relay into snakes and have read a lot aobut them :medzorro: but i want to know what you guys and gals like about them that will help me decide thanks in advance
i like the corn snakes, get a baby one. i going to get one. they are a good starter snake, and easy to take care of. get a regular corn snake. have fun with your snake.

elijah12214
09-19-05, 07:01 PM
yes well I am going to go with a ball python I am oging to get mine at www.reptiledepot.com

boa+python
10-03-05, 08:15 PM
ball pythons are far better than corns because of their requirements, but ball pythons due tend to be less active than milk,king, and corn snakes, but you will be happier with a ball python in the long run, i am getting one my self my cousin has two adults and they are great snakes. My vote is for the bp, dont get me wrong those are all great snakes i just like bps better.

rrrrr
10-04-05, 08:03 AM
ball pythons are far better than corns because of their requirements, but ball pythons due tend to be less active than milk,king, and corn snakes, but you will be happier with a ball python in the long run, i am getting one my self my cousin has two adults and they are great snakes. My vote is for the bp, dont get me wrong those are all great snakes i just like bps better.

Why do you think ball pythons are easier to care for than corns? I can assure you this is not the case.

boa+python
10-04-05, 03:58 PM
meant to delete the top half guess i forgot sorry for the mix up. Corns are easier to take care of but i still think pythons are better, but everyone has their own opinion. Its not a matter of who says what its a matter of what your main decision is. But sorry again corns are easier to take care of.

Muhahaha
10-04-05, 04:19 PM
corn. mine has'nt given me any problems, they come in lotsa colors, ther really easy to take care of and cheap