PDA

View Full Version : BCi/BCC what is this?

BallPythonLover
08-22-05, 10:59 AM
this is what my boa looks like. i got mine sold as a pure columbian BCI but after doing alot of pictures on BCi's mine looks nothing like them. i have looked at all of the top breeders in the world that i can think of and none of there columbian looked any thing like mine i did a google search on redtail boas and tis is what i came up with after a couple of pages i will look for better picture but i need to know what my boa is so i know what female to get to breed to him.

http://proexotics.com/retail_products/Boas/peruvian_redtail_00.jpg

now i dont always trust what the banners say such as this one says peruvian red tail now i dont know is that

BallPythonLover
08-22-05, 11:04 AM
http://www.regalreptile.com/peruvian%20boa%2011-1.jpg

heres another pic i wouldnt sa it is better but it look like him.

my boa is 2months old 210 grams 26 inches and eating small rats .

kronic2005
08-22-05, 02:51 PM
I cant tell you much about the snakes, but i can tell you that the seahawks flew past the broncos 20-17 :medclown:

timfriesen32
08-22-05, 02:59 PM
Some BCI look alot like BCC. We'd need to see a picture of your particular snake to help you determine which it is. Can you post a pic of yours?

TIm

Andy_G
08-22-05, 03:24 PM
The size yours is already, sounds like a BCI. BCC grow slower. We need to see pics of YOUR snake and only YOUR snake to tell you for sure.

BallPythonLover
08-23-05, 11:18 AM
i cant get a pic i dont have a camera.
i will disribe it as well as i can.. and dont know how old it is, i hVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS.
he is about 25 or 26 inches long
nice bat s along back.
deep blood red tail
210 grams
very thinck bodied
was 24 inches at biirth ( thats all i now about his birth not sure when he was born)
has a silverish purple colour on sides
and the only other thing i know about his birth was that he ate weanlingrats when he was born
oh yeah and lots of speckleing

timfriesen32
08-23-05, 12:14 PM
Still probably a BCI. If the pet store was selling it as a bci it probably is. I bcc sells for quite a bit more and most businesses won't rip themselves off by selling an animal for less than it's worth. But without a pic of the animal it is impossible to tell for sure.

I've got bci that have lots of speckling, and one that has a blood red tail. Typically the blood red might make it seem like a bcc but in reality you probably have yourself a top notch bci. Good luck with it though.

TIm

BallPythonLover
08-24-05, 07:19 AM
i noticed somthing odd this morning when i woke up. when i went to check on my boa his tail well the speckleing on the sides got darker and have odd pattern. is there somthing wroung.
and he was also snapppy

BallPythonLover
08-24-05, 07:22 AM
My brother had a baby BCC i am not sure what type any way it was 8 months old and 27 inches long and eating small rats well it has the same tail marking except for mine is alot lighter black and his boa was only 130.i got mine for 120.
i am not saying mines a BCC but i will try to get a pic

Andy_G
08-24-05, 04:10 PM
Sounds like your snake is entering a shed cycle. Nothing to worry about, they get dull, haze over, and are sometimes very snappy.

BallPythonLover
08-24-05, 08:38 PM
mine just had a perfect shed last week..
why would it shed again
and there are no dull colors