PDA

View Full Version : Ball needs saved....

ptbmaniac
07-25-05, 05:05 PM
For those of you not familiar with the "feeding problem" post below I have a baby ball that will not eat anything.Read post for specifics.Anyway I really do not want this snake to die on me.If there is anyone that knows about ball pythons in the long island area that would like to save this snake please reply.I would hate to lose the snake,but I am an animal lover and I want what's best for it.

steelnink
07-25-05, 06:19 PM
I've read your post about the stubborn bp, don't give up just yet.
I've dealt with my share of "pain in the ***" bp's, and most of the methods people have offered and you tried, usually work, BUT, i have also owned bp's that these tricks didn't work.
Here's one, that as last resort, should kick-start the feeding response.
Get a live hopper, place it in a feeding box, let it run around for awhile, it'll start hopping all over the box.
Handle your bp for awhile,[untill its comfortable in your hand], then lower your hand, not the bp, into the box.
If the hopper is running around good, but when it makes it's little stops in the corners, place your hand, with bp wrapped around it, over it and see what happens.
Sometimes even the slightest movements on a baby bp's level will scare the **** out of it.
Feeding from above, should make him feel secure enough to strike.If the hoppers movement is still making him feel uneasy, here is the alternate to the first.
Place the hopper on forhand, locking its tail between your fingers, so movement is to a minimal, lower your hand [bp] onto the other[hopper], i'll warn you now, you might get tagged, as the extra body heat given off , or the little guy could hit the hopper first time.

I have used this method many times, and it works when all else fails.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes