PDA

View Full Version : horned mountain dragons

snakeman92
11-28-02, 08:37 PM
i was wondering if anyone knew the price of a baby horned mountain dragon and where is a good place to get one

stormyva
11-29-02, 08:26 AM
I am not too sure about up in Canada, but we got one here in the US for $30 for a wild caught baby. I found one place online that was selling CB babies for $60 plus shipping.

Dont get an HMD if you want an active lizard! They sit, sit, sit, sit, then sit around some more. Every once in a while they will stroll over to the water bowl, get a drink, and bathe. Then they return to their spot and sit some more. They are great for kids because they do not move very much. About the only time we can get ours to do any significant movement is when we pull her out and hold her. She will quickly take off for the highest spot that she can get to and hang out with almost a smile on her face :D As for eating make sure you can get earth worms. Ours eats mostly earth worms and occasionally a meal worm. One or two small earth worms is about all she will eat.
Here is a pic of her and one of her "perches".....
http://www.stormyworld.net/pages/animals/julie/devon_julie_01.JPG

ReneeB
11-29-02, 08:35 AM
what a cute pic!

Tom P
11-29-02, 10:36 AM
There are a few for sale in Calgary, at a pet store of all places, they are selling for 70 bucks.

Tom P

Tim Winegard
12-03-02, 06:59 AM
They are a cool looking lizard
I had never heard of them before