PDA

View Full Version : newspaper sub. question.

escm
11-25-02, 12:26 PM
For those of you who use a news paper substrate: how many layers of news paper do you use?

Currently I am building a ball python setup and have a four paws UTH on a dimmer and an incandesant clamp light above.

Big Mike
11-25-02, 12:44 PM
I use about 2-3 layers of news paper for my ball. Just enough to hold a little moisture when I mist the enclosure while still having spots that can stay dry.

Linds
11-25-02, 02:01 PM
I use 2 or so layers, that much isn't very absorbent I find, I would like to use 4-5, but 2 is enough to do the job and I just run on whatever my super nice neighbours donate to the lindsay newspaper fund (nobody at my house reads the newspaper).....lol :p and since I don't let most of the neighbours know what I keep, it's not coming in abundance...

shimbathesnake
11-25-02, 03:17 PM
luckily my son does a newspaper round :-)

reverendsterlin
11-25-02, 04:58 PM
most grocery stores and such carry free weekly papers, go in the day before the new issue comes out and take the stack

sSNAKESs.com
11-25-02, 05:09 PM
hey you can always put a layer of paper towell and then 1 layer of newspaper.. thats what i do, better to absord the yuckies ;)

Tom P
11-25-02, 05:13 PM
I called a local moving company, and they gave me a bunch of that packing paper for dirt cheap. I have enough rolls to pack like 50 houses!!

Tom P

Edwin
11-25-02, 05:52 PM
I used to use the cheapo brown paper towels that are used in public washrooms. They can be found at Costco.

Jotun
11-30-02, 06:33 PM
i dunno if this is true but i heard that coloured ink can harm herps so i only pick out the black and white pages of the paper for my them...