PDA

View Full Version : iGUANA hELP

RB420
05-03-05, 03:26 PM
ok, i have never kept a lizard of any kind, just snakes. A friend of my moms however, wants to get rid of a iguana with cage and everything. i am about to wonder off into the net and find some care sheets on my own, but if anyone has some that they find paticularly helpfull it would be appreciated. thanks

Ryan

peterm15
05-03-05, 03:35 PM
www.greenigsociety.org

its a wonderful site. it tells you everything youll ever need to know..

RB420
05-03-05, 03:40 PM
thanks peter, good site. im not entirely sure if im up to owning one or not, i mean the whole "needing their own room" thing has me a bit concerned but i don't waan see this iguanna e euthinized.

peterm15
05-03-05, 04:09 PM
ya.. theres no need for that.. but check out the enclosure section of the site.. they need a large space but maybe not a whole room./..

camille
05-04-05, 07:51 AM
www.iguanaden.com its the best site appart from green iguanna society. plus look up melissa kaplans site she has lots of good info on breeding season agression. also buy the iguanna bible: green iguanna for dummies byt melissa kaplan. you cant live without it. iguannas can be very hard to take care of. and its alot of money to take care of. another hint too. you need a uvb bulb and the best you can get it reptiglo 8.0 and reptisun i think its 2.0 im not shure so i reccoment reptiglo 8.o because im 100% shure it has enough uvb. and make shure its 6 to 8 inches from the iguanna. if not it wont work. and make shure you use digital thermometers on both the cool and warm side to be 100% shure you have the right temperatures. anything else you dont get im shure youll have lots of people to help. also i reccoment joining the iguanna den forum. their all iguanna experts there

camille
05-04-05, 07:52 AM
and for room yeah they dont really need a whole room. just a cage thats minimum 6 by 5 by 4 feet

RB420
05-04-05, 07:55 AM
thanks, i will be sure to check out those sites. and i will definately look into the reptiglo 8.0 if end up taking her.

camille
05-04-05, 08:00 AM
good luck. and if something happens that you take her and cant take care of her there are alot of rescue operations that can give that iggy a good home. sometimes its hard to do. i rescued an iguanna but couldnt take care of him and it was the hardest thing i had to do but i found someone who could give him what he needed.

peterm15
05-04-05, 09:49 AM
and if worse come to worse contact www.reptilerescue.on.ca before gettin him put down