PDA

View Full Version : prego feeder rat, good or bad?

tightsqueeze
11-23-02, 11:49 PM
i bought a preognant feeder rat (not knowing it was prego) and luckly my snake didn't take it right away so i removed it a waited till the next day ....low and behold when i checked on the rat there were 10 more babies in there with her ....so i told a friend (Chappy) and he said it is not good to feed your snake prego rats or mice .........can anyone tell me why????

thanx 4 the help

Jay
:confused: :D

Linds
11-24-02, 12:28 AM
Nothing wrong with feeding prego rodents provided they are adequately sized... if being prego makes them too large a meal for your snakie then no, it isn't a good idea. Of course its always nice to let them have their babies so you can have more food ;)

tightsqueeze
11-24-02, 04:16 PM
thanks Linds

i was thinking that to so i tryed to take care of them but the mother died and so did all the babis aventualy ....they lasted a week though , and i was able to feed one of them to my baby columbian red tail boa (66% het for albino she has screaming colours )i am trying to get a pic on here she is beutiful i got her on november 17 at the T.O. show from Todd Constable.......
anyways thatnx for the 411 LINDS i appreciat it

Jay
:firestart

Christina
11-26-02, 09:52 AM
Nope nothing wrong with it! Why are you feeding live is your snake picky??
Christina

tightsqueeze
11-26-02, 07:17 PM
yes my snake is very picky
i try to atleast stun it first i know he will constrict it anyways so i am not worried of it regaining aliveness...lol cuz it will be constricted right away

thankx
Jay
:firestart

Them and Us
12-01-02, 06:10 AM
aliveness haha