PDA

View Full Version : rabbit VS. snake

sapphire_moon
04-28-05, 11:39 PM
I go to another forum where this person is very persistant that there is NO WAY a rabbit could hurt/kill a snake. That if you were to put a live rabbit in with a snake and leave it, nothing would happen.

that no matter what, the snake will always kill and eat the rabbit.
And that he knows this because he owns X amount of snake for X amount of years and has fed "litterly thousands of rabbits with out a SINGLE incident"

does anyone have any thoughts on this, or better pictures. I will be going online and looking for pictures myself..

thanks for any help/thoughts on this.

Linds
04-29-05, 01:22 PM
Ignorance like that is what hurts the animals and the hobby itself. Rabbits have BIG teeth and though they aren't prone to biting as much as say a mouse might be, given the right circumstance can deliver a painful, dangerous bite. Additionally, they can do quite the number with their powerful hind legs and nails... they could easily shred a snake up if hit the wrong way. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but good luck finding some. Somehow I get the feeling all the opinions and stories in the world wouldn't have any impact :rolleyes:

timfriesen32
04-29-05, 01:27 PM
I've been bit and scratched by a "tame" rabbit before and it cut me up pretty good. Those teeth are sharp and can do some serious damage.

Like Linds pointed out though....all the opinions and stories will probably not make a difference. And....just because he's been lucky enough to never have an incident....doesn't mean it can't and won't happen.

TIm

sapphire_moon
04-29-05, 08:49 PM
my feelings exactly, and because I have never fed a live rabbit, and never owned a snake large enough to eat a large rabbit (I did, but I didn't have him long enough to get big enough) then "I just don't know what i'm talking about".

He said pics would convince him, hence asking for pics, but I feel better knowing I had truth to what I was saying (not going by "well they have powerfull back legs and sharp nails, one bad kick and things can go wrong" kind of thinking)

Linds
04-29-05, 10:34 PM
LOL if you can't find pics, just let him have a go with an angry rabbit. Those things can be downright insane sometimes! LOL... an old friend of mine used to ask me to come over and help him when it was time to clean his pet rabbit out, he was terrified of it. It would make all these sounds and charge at him :p

sapphire_moon
04-29-05, 11:00 PM
ya, I used to have a pet rabbit, she was.......not nice, lol. But she was our baby, she would let you know when it was time to clean her cage, feed her, water her, give her treats.....was I trained or what? lol.

Like I said though, he says he has fed "litterly thousands of rabbits and not one SINGLE incident has EVER happened"......

And I kept saying, "just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it can't".

galad
05-10-05, 12:59 PM
ya i dont think youll ever change someone like that.
People are really stubborn, if he wants to learn the hard way there is not much you can do about it, sadley enough.

But ya my buddy had a rabbit and two cats. The cats didnt stand achance with the rabbit. Hed do that donkey kick thing and the cats would go flying. Powerfull legs to say the least.

peace

ws