PDA

View Full Version : Silkworm food cooking instructions?

ChristinaM
04-28-05, 09:06 AM
I misplaced mine.... can someone tell me how to cook the powdered silkworm food?

Thanks,

meow_mix450
05-19-05, 08:18 PM
Hey

I didnt write this someone on another forum did

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always buy the powdered stuff. I also cook it on the stove instead of in the microwave. I've also noticed in the bags of chow there are two distinct ingredients and sometimes they become somewhat seperated. If you look closely you'll see a lighter colored powder compared to the rest of it. Before I dump the powder out I always squeeze the corners and sides and try to get it all mixed up.

Sometimes I find some inconsistency but not much anymore. I couldn't tell you if it's because of my method or not, though. I have to use the stove because my microwave is too small. When I do use the stove this is what I do.

I poor the water into the pot.
I poor the mixed up powder in.
I mix it up so there's no lumps.
I turn the heat on high and continue to mix constantly.
If it looks like it's clumping up too quickly or if I get a strong smell of mulberry I'll turn the heat down just a notch.
I keep stirring until the mixture goes from fairly runny to lumpy back to even more runny.
When it is in the real runny stage I'll turn the heat down another notch and keep stirring. I'll do this for about another minute then turn the heat off and I'm done.

NOTE: Its not what I wrote

Meow