PDA

View Full Version : Success :)

DragnDrop
11-22-02, 08:09 PM
After all the worrying about Ruby (amel corn) not eating properly, she went and ate 2 pinkies tonight!
:w

I thawed two pinkies, one for each snake, thinking Riuby won't be eating hers, almost sure enough to take bets. As soon as I put one in front of the hidebox, she stuck her nose out, tongue wagging wildly. Within a minute she was eating! Since I still had the other pinkie, I put it in front of her too. She ate that one a few minutes after she finished the first one.
(She looks like a pregnant shoelace right now :) )

Lo'ihi, the volcano corn ate hers within minutes too, so tonight I've got two well fed and happy snakes. I'm really relieved too, knowing Ruby ate two - if she goes on a hunger strike again, at least she's had a good feast today.

I wonder if it made a difference that the pinkies were way warmer than the ones I offered her before? I used to thaw them in warm water, then leave them to cool to room temperature so she wouldn't burn herself (if that's even a legit worry?). Today I put them in while still warm, thinking the smell might be stronger and get her attention.

eyespy
11-22-02, 09:55 PM
Hard to say whether the warmer pinkies or just the fact that she was hungrier than before is what did the trick. Only way to tell for sure is whether over the long term she feeds faster and more readily when pinks are offered warm.

Anyhow, congrats! It's such a relief to see a good sized belly bump on a picky eater. I love when they look like a wide-brimmed sunhat after a good meal.

Simon
11-23-02, 12:41 PM
Eitherway

as long as she ate~~who cares what method.

Congrats~ hope that she'll eat for you from now on.

Lisa
11-24-02, 02:31 AM
when she was refusing do you know if she had pooped since the previous feeding?