PDA

View Full Version : handling

Zoe
11-19-02, 03:49 PM
I have 3 baby veileds, and as it is they dont seem to mind being handled very much.
Will handling them a little bit daily make them better for handling, or will it just stress them out needlessly?

Thanks!
Zoe

Laurier
11-19-02, 06:36 PM
hey zoe,

accually as babies, no matter how hard you try to calm them down handling will not effect there additude at all. once they hit 6 months of age the real fun starts. you have to be very aggressive with them. what i mean is that no matter how much they hiss and hit you in the hand with there head hold your ground. after a while they just crawl onto your hand and than they are all happy. I found this very successful and if I didn't do it he probably would have started to bite ( i have been bite twice but this was because my brother pissed him off before I came downstairs and i just though he was warming himself up because he has the same fired up colors when he is heating up).

But as babies it is important to not handle them to much because they look at you as a big predator. If you see them doing the chameleon dance (when they are just supported by there rear legs) do not disturb them.

I know you keep a panther but veileds seem to be like 16 year old red head bimbos who get mad if they are not getting enough attention, unlike panthers that are like blonde 16 year old bimbos who are just happy to be there.

well have fun one you veiled quest and get some pictures up sometime.

Laurier

dvs
11-21-02, 11:08 AM
LMAO!!!!!!! That's funny........ I've had my share of both and with a red head now. She'd prolly hit me just for laughing, HA HA HA........

Quick question though...... I've always liked chameleons, are they just pretty much for looking at? and best left alone????